Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Polls on fitness - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Polls on fitness

Poll: What is your current state and belief about fitness as a Jedi?

Fitness should be required.
12 20.7%
Any fitness should be optional.
1 1.7%
I have a fitness program of some kind.
10 17.2%
I do not have a fitness program.
No votes 0%
I intend to improve my fitness this year.
11 19%
I prefer set standards for everyone.
3 5.2%
I prefer personalized standards for everyone
7 12.1%
I prefer basic minimums with personalized standard
14 24.1%
Total number of voters: 27 ( Asta Sophi, Kai-An Tatok, Dineara, Sinistra, Chris-Tien Jinn ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1909

Jax created the topic: Polls on fitness

Answer as many as apply to you. Discuss what you'd like after. I'm interesting in your personal habits and beliefs regarding your path.

Explanations for options.
1. Do you believe fitness of some level should be required of all Jedi?
2. If it is optional that means you allow others to be completely out of shape, unable to walk up the stairs without losing breath and still be called a Jedi.
3. A fitness program is defined in this case as regular activity, at least once a week (ideally 2-3 times a week) If you are currently on break due to illness or injury and will return to exercise when recovered this still applies to you.
4. Not having a fitness program means if you exercise it is less than once per week.
5. If you have improved fitness as a goal this year, this applies to you.
6. Set standards means specifics that everyone must reach. For instance, run 3 miles in 30 minutes. Bench press 100 pounds. Carry 100 pounds up a flight of stairs. If you don't meet them you cannot become a knight. Would standards such as this encourage you to train? Or, would you prefer option 7.
7. Personalized standards means you evaluate your current strengths and weaknesses. You discuss what your current and likely future fitness needs are, and design a training plan with those goals in mind. In this case you could set the goal of 3 miles in 30 minutes, but others may be working toward 2 miles in 20 minutes, or a marathon in 6 hours. It would depend on the individual and would be re-evaluated regularly.
8. The balance between 6 and 7 would be having some bare minimum standards. Run a mile, 20 pushups, a pullup...bare minimum, with personalized standards on top of that. The minimum allows for some consistency, but everyone is required to go above them in some area as appropriate for their situation.

For Option 6, 7, 8, please only vote for one of them. Options 1-5 you can vote for whatever is appropriate. If these aren't clear, just ask. :-)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Re: Polls on fitness

It will only let me vote for 1 of them, though 1, 3, 5, and 8 all apply for me.

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Polls on fitness

really? Hmm...it is setup right, I think. I'll change the setting and see if that fixes it. Maybe I'm reading it backward. lol

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

ah, there's a setting that sets a minimum time between two votes. I changed that to zero, I bet it works now. :-)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

You can only vote one option at a time. After you vote (make sure you remember what you voted on) click on vote under the results. That brings up the poll again.

Note, the first option has 1 extra vote because I couldn't remember which one i voted for and thus voted twice in the first option. :-P

• Thank you received: 152

Dustin replied the topic: Re: Polls on fitness

1, 3, and 5 for me. I will do 3 regardless of if standards come about. I don't hold reservations about calling myself a "Jedi" up to anyone else's standardized definition... for me the word is more of a horizon than a destination.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

What bout the last three? We have to have something set as a standard at some point. Which option do you prefer?

• Thank you received: 152

Dustin replied the topic: Re: Polls on fitness

Alright, I went with 7 for the same horizon vs destination sentiment I stated previously; my standards for physical wellness are not going to be another person's which may be higher or lower. I think the focus of a lifestyle should be to encourage one to move forward. Ends are new beginnings that sort of thing.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Fair enough. I have no problem with that thought process. :-) Thank you for voting.

• Thank you received: 78

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: Polls on fitness

I voted on there as well. :)

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds