Miyamoto Musashi - There is nothing ...

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) created the topic: Miyamoto Musashi - There is nothing ...

I jsut came across this and thought it would be worth to share. :meditate

Attachment MiyamotoMusashi.jpg not found

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat), Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Miyamoto Musashi - There is nothing ...

A good reminder!

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Miyamoto Musashi - There is nothing ...

Very useful. So much of our society today is based on acquiring things that will make you better (though this idea of better is usually sexier and hotter), smarter, quicker, richer. Everything is geared towards buying the quick fix. Wear this brand and X will happen.....one of the big reasons I decided to not pursue a career in advertising despite my masters degree. I didn't want to sell people cr@p they didn't need. I think we get so used to this idea of looking outside ourselves for answers, even if the answers are not what we want (i.e. enlightenment vs. sexier body). I know that I have been consuming commercials since I was a small child who watched far too much tv. Somewhere that programming had to take effect ya know? So when my focus shifted towards finding enlightenment and improving myself, well of course I was going to look for something outside of myself. What I found "outside of myself" was websites and groups like IJRS which helped me look inside myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds