Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) created the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

This is a particularly interesting quote for me, and one of my favorites. I'm the type of person that likes to analyze all risk, have 5-6 contingency plans, and have a heading. I like to sometimes look "in the back of the book" for the answers. But often times, the greatest understanding of myself, and what my place is in the world doesn't come from speculation, but action. When I make choices, when I take certain actions, I begin to understand what I really want, and where I really want to go.

I think this is important for all of us as Jedi. Do we really know where we want to go? Are we just armchair philosophers discussing a metaphysical connection? Or are we actively seeking it, actively pushing our selves and our limits? When we post here on the boards, is it coming from actions or speculation?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

A very important lesson to remember, and one I've recently been working on.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

Sadly, there *will* be times when you can not have 'all the answers' before starting. Nor foresee obstacles which spring up after having tried plans #1-6. Sometimes, you just have to go with your best instincts, best 'educated guess' and trust in the Force.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

Exactly! lol

Sometimes the answer shows itself as you work through the problem and take steps, rather than trying to solve it all up front at once. I like how you brought in trusting in the Force, as that is definitely an important part of this step as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

I would go so far as to say you never know before you start. You may have some ideas, but if you go in thinking you know you will miss all the nudges along the way meant to guide you in the best way possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

I agree. That is why setting Targets in place vs goals is an important distinction. A goal is concrete and non changing (both in word and energy), while a Target can change or shift slightly, but you are allowing the Force to guide you and move through you.

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

I never cease to be amazed at the weird ways the Force works. I haven't been checking my email or the IJRS boards for the better part of a week because work has been so crazy. I am exhausted. I realized yesterday that all the reasons I had for sacrificing pay/working at a lower paying job are no longer valid. The cons of the job are starting to outweigh the pros. Maybe it is just this particularly rough week, but I doubt it. So that means looking for a new job. Which scares the living daylights out of me. I was looking through job listings last night and I have no idea where to begin or what I want to do. Well, I know the jobs I would like to have but there is no money in them and I need to take a job for the money now. I've been lost in my heavy thoughts now for over 24hrs. Then I come on here and find one of my favorite Lewis Carroll quotes. And I am reminded that Lots of people are lost, no idea what they want to do. And it's ok. There will be a way through it. As long as I have some idea what I am looking for in a job and I don't rush anything I will be ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

Taking 'a step' is progress.
Standing still 'deciding' is stagnation.
Forward; backward; left or right -- stepping in any direction is movement toward a potential future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

Looking at jobs is a step for me. A tiny step is still a step.

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 21, Lewis Carroll

Very true and as another proverb says: "Even a journey of a 1.000 miles starts with the first step." So, all the best for finding a new job which does give You what You are looking for.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds