Daily Diamond: April 5, William Shakespeare

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 453

David (Phoenix) created the topic: Daily Diamond: April 5, William Shakespeare

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." ~ Hamlet (William Shakespeare)

Thought about a fun one for today. Some say that the Universe only guarantees circumstances, but it is our thoughts and reactions to the circumstance that truly make it good or bad. What, are your thoughts?

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 5, William Shakespeare

Good and bad is a judgment, keeping us from seeing the bigger picture. I'm grateful for MBOs showing me how even 'bad' events result in benevolent outcomes.

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 5, William Shakespeare

So true. It goes so well with the Power of Now, watching your thoughts, and your emotions. Also makes me think of the Jedi Code. "There is no emotion, there is peace." We decide how we want to respond to something. We can get upset, we can accept it as fact, we can rejoice, we can fight it, we can embrace it....but in the end it just is.
It is sleeting right now here in Chicago. The grass is super green, there were robins darting around, and it is sleeting/snowing here. I could get upset and wonder why winter waited until spring to show up. I could grumble about how I just want another sunny day because these gray skies are killing me. Or I could just shrug my shoulders and move on because there is nothing I can do about the weather. (Seriously though, this past week we have had the WEIRDEST weather, I would love for spring weather to show up) :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Kol Drake, Jax

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Away
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1445

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: April 5, William Shakespeare

You know, I once had a team leader and one of his standard phrases had been “There is nothing bad which doesn’t hold something good as well.” Since I heard that the first time I could experience that, with distance and time, this statement is more often true than not. But, once again, it needs our patience and acceptance to not quickly judge a situation at the very moment but to take it for what it is and see what really will come from it.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds