Daily Diamond: March 10 - Bruce Lee

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) created the topic: Daily Diamond: March 10 - Bruce Lee

To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.
- Bruce Lee

For many years I was pondering on this one and what Bruce Lee might have meant with "the easy way is also the right way"!? Maybe this had been partly due to translation issues or language understanding as neither Bruce Lee's nor mine first language is English but still, what could he have meant with "the easy way is also the right way"?
I thought that I have had found an answer for me but just recently, actually when reading the Daily Diamond: March 9 posted by David, I finally felt like now I'm really understanding what Bruce Lee might have meant with that.

The easy way is the right way for you, the way which is meant for you to be walked. This doesn't necessarily mean that the way is free of obstacles or that one doesn't need to put effort into it. In this way the easy way is not like a motor way, especially as even motor ways can have road works going on ;) , but it is the way, when walked, which feels easy, right and light to one as on the other hand the ways which are not ours, which are not meant for us do feel like a constant struggle or as David had put it in his post, a uphill battle.

Finally, although Bruce Lee is speaking in his quote about the martial arts, I do feel that this quote is not limited to the martial arts at all as the word, the topic can easily be substituted for whatever one wants and in our example it could be changed for the word "the Force".

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds