Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) created the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

JEDI MASTER YODA wrote: "If far from the Force you find yourself, trust you can that it is not the Force which moved."

This quote is taken from Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor .

I particularly like this quote because there are times in my life when I feel that the universe or the Force isn't with me; or that I'm fighting an uphill battle. Often times, when this occurs, it is because we are fighting against "the will of the Force." When we follow our true path, there is often a sense of ease, both in our lives and with our connection to the Force. There can be many signs along the road that say we need to evaluate where we are at and where we are headed, which can include: your body feeling sick, your happiness or sense of joy decreasing, a feeling of frustration when you are doing something you used to love, your intuition sends up red flags, etc. This reminds me of Luke Skywalker during his training in Dagobah, he was head-strong and stubborn, believing that he can push through whatever is going on instead of evaluating if there is a better way of handling the situation.

Reconnecting with the Force through meditation, breath work, centering, and asking questions can be some of the best ways to realign with the Force and move forward on your path.

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax, Kai Sabu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 87

Kai Sabu replied the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

This is almost word-for-word (if you de-Yoda the syntax) what they taught us kids in children's church when I was growing up. And of course they said "God" instead of "the Force." :) I remember the teacher holding up her hands to demonstrate Him unmoving while we gradually wander away. When I've felt disconnected from God, it has been both comforting and convicting to remember that He is always exactly where He has always been and that the problem is that I am not in the place where I need to be.

--Kelly

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

Thanks for your reply Kai. So what do you do then to reconnect with God?
(If you don't mind sharing :) )

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Thank you received: 87

Kai Sabu replied the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

I don't mind. :)

I suppose that first I should say that over the years I have learned that I can't put TOO much emphasis on just "feeling." There are times when I "feel" spiritually awesome and other times when I just don't. I think that to some extent that ebb and flow is a natural part of life. But sometimes I can tell that I actually have wandered off-track.

I've learned that being faithful with daily prayer and daily Scripture reading and regular church attendance are important for me, whether I really want to keep them up or not. They're practices, and like meditation or yoga or an exercise program or healthy eating or any other kind of practice, you reap the real benefits from consistent application, not from trying to cram in one super session. So first I make sure that I'm on track with those.

Then I've learned to sit down and look at other areas of my life. Have I been cultivating resentment against my parents? Have I been slacking off at work? Am I being selfish in my interactions with my husband? If I identify an area where I'm harboring toxic habits or thoughts, those can pull me away from God, so I recognize it and commit to doing better.

Sometimes I've also found it helpful to pick up an inspirational book or tune in to uplifting podcasts, too. Those are the steps I usually take. :)

--Kelly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re:Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

Those are some great examples of how to tune back in. Thank you so much for sharing them :-)

I also use meditation and things like podcasts to ground me as well. Sometimes it helps to focus on something positive to get us back in the direction we need to be headed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/table]

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re:Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

All great examples!

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

Many thanks for sharing this with us, Kai Sabu, and David for sharing this quote with us. I hope no one minds that I start today's Daily Diamond as this quote reminded me of another one which I would like to share with all of You and that is why I made it the Daily Diamond March 10. ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

Beware swimming against the "flow of the Force"... for that path is fraught with two by fours... :meditate

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Daily Diamond: March 9, Yoda

And gators. Or at least that's where my mind went. lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds