The Daily Diamond: March 1, Abraham

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) created the topic: The Daily Diamond: March 1, Abraham

What others are doing around you seems very important when you have not found your own steadiness. You want to say to them, “Don’t rock my boat! If you rock my boat, I can’t be steady.” But the truth of it is, you’re the only boat-rocker in your world. Only you can rock your boat.
---Abraham

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kai Sabu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: The Daily Diamond: March 1, Abraham

I loved this quote today because it's so easy to believe we're at the affect of others. And yes, we are when we allow it. But it doesn't have to be. What can I be or do different to be steady in myself instead of rocked about by other people's choices?

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: The Daily Diamond: March 1, Abraham

I like that too! You can be rocked by others.

When I read this, steadiness came to mind. My recently old job called the other day basically begging me to come back and work for them. They said "Hey! We want you back, nothing has changed, in fact, things may of gotten worse, but we'd really love to have you back." Yea, I bet you would.....lol But, it took my internal resolve and steadiness to not get rocked by them wanting me. I mean, who doesn't want to feel wanted? Who doesn't desire to have a job to grow?

Whatever is your reasoning, there is always something that will try to "rock your boat". The Force will test you to make sure you are resolved in what you are doing, to make sure you are committed. So where is your center? What makes you steady?

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: The Daily Diamond: March 1, Abraham

I think we're talking about two different things, which is awesome. There's the daily life stuff, the little things that happen that just knock us a little off our center, but which can quickly add up to capsizing the boat. And then there's the big choices we make that are then tested to make sure we really are choosing them. Both can really throw us off if we aren't cognizant of it.

How often do we say 'you made me feel _____' to someone? Or just think it? That's a victim mentality that is based on ego, not truth. This is what is most important to apply in my life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds