Who said this?

• Atticus
  • Atticus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 525

Atticus created the topic: Who said this?

I love this quote, but I have never seen it properly attributed. If anyone can add a source, that would be cool:

"You think you're a human being having a spiritual experience. You're a spiritual being having a human experience."

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Re:Who said this?

I have seen it multiple places. I think it is too universal to attribute to just one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Who said this?

This is attributed to Pierre Teilhard de Chardin ... though I have yet to find a reference to the specific book or paper he wrote it in.
It makes sense when browsing through The Phenomena of Man but, I could not find it in that 'browse'.

Teilhard de Chardin was a French philosopher, paleontologist, and Jesuit priest who thought deeply on the meaning our our existence and relationship with the Divine. Spiritual Psychology is founded on the principle that we are each Spiritual Beings having a human experience.

He wrote TPoM in 1930 but it wasn't published until 1955 after his death.

Now going to YouTube to cue up " Spirits in the Material World" by The Police :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds