• Thank you received: 525

Atticus replied the topic: Atticus's fitness journal

Kol Drake wrote: not bad for a beat up duffer. :P

Pretty much what Kate said too. :D

Pull day today:
  • 6 sets lat pulldowns
  • 6 sets cable rows
  • 4 supersets barbell curls / upright rows
No HIIT because I was running late and had to get home to roust the padawans.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Atticus
  • Atticus's Avatar Topic Author

No trip to the gym today, but I worked up a good sweat doing almost three hours of yardwork. So I'm gonna call it good.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• Atticus

Pull day today:
  • 6 sets cable rows
  • 5 sets lat pulldowns
  • 6 min HIIT
I felt pretty crappy after a grueling day in court yesterday while fighting off a sore throat and fever, so I'm okay with a truncated workout. At least I made myself get up and go.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 453

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Atticus's fitness journal

Are you doing these exercises at home or at the gym? Just curious, since I'm looking to expand what I'm doing, mix up my current work out routine.

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Atticus

David (Phoenix) wrote: Are you doing these exercises at home or at the gym?

At the gym. At one time I had sufficient equipment to work out at home, but between the ravages of time and children and having too little space in my home, I threw or gave most of it away. I know there are decent bodyweight workouts like at Nerd Fitness, but stuff like the pullup paradox makes me more comfortable with free weights.

Haven't been back to the gym since the last post. That sore throat and fever turned into a pretty good case of bronchitis, so I decided to take time off for my lungs to heal up. I hope to be back at it by the weekend, but we'll see how I feel.

• Atticus

With Kate on summer hours at the college, and therefore starting work two hours earlier than usual, she's been going to the gym after work. Today I tried it, and I'm convinced that going first thing in the morning is way better for me. My energy level was lower, and my concentration was too. Yeah, no, not a fan.

But anyway, today was push day:
  • 6 sets incline chest presses
  • 5 sets dumbbell shoulder presses
  • 5 sets cable triceps pushdowns
No HIIT. Squeezing out 16 heavy sets took just about everything I had left today.

• Atticus

Apparently the only thing I'm more rubbish at than getting to the gym is logging it when I actually do.

So yesterday was leg day:
  • 2 sets farmer squats
  • 6 supersets seated leg press / calf raise
  • 5 sets seated leg curls
  • 6 sets weighted abdominal curls
No HIIT, 'cause spaghetti legs.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds