• Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) created the topic: Phoenix's Fitness Journal

Well, when in Rome.......
Monday, April 18, 2016:
Week 5, Day 1
60 Squats
58 Sit ups
38 Push Ups

**These body weight exercises are a series of weekly challenges that get me to doing 100 reps of each of the above exercises. It concludes after 8 weeks, at which point I'll probably switch to their other apps, since I enjoyed these so much. I want to add running as part of my routine, but I just haven't had the time to get shoes yet. Plus, with the snow, it was too wet/cold/slick to be running.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016
AM Sun Salutations
PM 15 Minutes of Flexibility (Beginner)

**For the Yoga stuff, I am using Gaiam Yoga Studio (in the APP store). I have really enjoyed using it, there are a variety of different routines to choose from, etc. I will say that while the instructions are decent, if you have never taken a Yoga class you may feel a little unsure about positioning. As I am doing the routines, I'm remembering bits and pieces to help with my overall flexibility and routines. If I can keep consistent with the Yoga, I am hoping to jump to the intermediate level by the time I finish the 8 week challenges.

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Phoenix's Fitness Journal

Wednesday April 20, 2016

Not sure why I was really sore today, but I was. It might of been from the Yoga (over stretching muscles) or.....who knows. HAHA
40 Push Ups
60 Squats
66 Sit Ups

Super excited because this weekend we are going shopping for running shoes!!! And this morning, I signed up for the 5K Foam Glow Run as well. So ready to get training!!!

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

Thursday April 21, 2016
12 Minute Sun Salutations

Friday, April 22, 2016
Body Weight Exercises:
42 Push Ups
64 Squats
70 Sit Ups

Yoga Exercises:
12 Minutes of Sun Salutations

Week 5 Summary: Well, I'm 5 weeks down, 3 left to go! Super excited to see where this journey continues to take me. For the first time, EVER, I feel like I am heading towards what I envision as a Jedi Knight. I'm physically active, pursuing what I enjoy, growing as a human being, etc. Its not an easy journey. I'm seeing spots from exercising (not good, I know). But, I also know that I need to push myself a bit, and really achieve something. I've achieved lots of things before, but this will be a huge personal achievement and something I can really be proud of.

[/table]

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

April 23, 2016
REST

April 24, 2016

Week 1: Day 1
Ran 1 min/ Walk 1.5 Minutes
122 Calories
.99 Miles

April 25, 2016
  • AM Sun Salutations
  • Week 6: Day 1
    64 Squats
    76 Sit Ups
    44 Push ups

[/table]

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

April 26-27 2016
Took a couple days to rest. I didn't work in decent rest days and with adding new exercises my body got overwhelmed. I dialed it back down and found a better moderation approach.

April 28, 2016

Week 6: Day 2
  • Yoga: 15 minutes of Strength
  • Weekly Challenges:
    66 Squats
    80 Sit Ups
    46 Push ups

[/table]

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Phoenix's Fitness Journal

bump

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

Wow, how did I let a whole week slip by?

April 29th, 2016 Thru May 1, 2016

Apparently I took some rest days. I swear I was doing stuff, but I can't find it. Oh well.

May 2nd, 2016
Running: Week 1, Day 1
1.56 Miles
177 Calories
1 min walk/ 1 min run

May 3rd, 2016
Body Weight: Week 6, Day 1 (Repeating week)
64 Squats
44 Push ups
76 Sit ups

May 4th, 2016
Rest Day

[/table]

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

May 5th, 2016
Running
Week 1: Day 2
197 Calories Burned
Distance: 1.66 Miles
Rate: 1 min run/1.5 min walk, 8x

May 6th, 2016
Body Weight
Week 6: Day 2
66 Squats
80 Sit Ups
46 Push ups

[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

May 7th, 2016
Rest Day

May 8th, 2016
Was supposed to be my third body weight day of the week, instead, we went hiking. Jackie posted some awesome photos in her fitness journal, but it was definitely a beautiful yet challenging hike. I'll try to add some photos soon as well!

[/table]

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

Nothing like updating for six days...

May 9th, 2016
Body Weight
Week 6: Day 3
66 Squats
88 Sit Ups
48 Push ups

May 10th
Running
Week 1: Day 3
1. 72 Miles
199 Calories Burned
8 mins Running

May 11th
Rest Day

May 12th
*Sore from running, so just did some yoga*
Yoga: Relaxation
15 Minutes

May 13th
Body Weight
Week 7: Day 1 (Can't believe I'm on Week 7 now B) )
94 Sit Ups
69 Squats
52 Push Ups - That's right...over 50 push ups!!!!

May 14th and 15th
Cleaned house, walked fliers to neighbors, etc. No official exercise, just a lot of physical activity.

[/table]

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds