William's Guidance for plp

• William
  • William 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6

William created the topic: Guidance for plp

I have reached the point where I require assistance in filling out my plp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: William's Guidance for plp

I'll be glad to help. Is there something specific that you don't understand?

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• William

William replied the topic: William's Guidance for plp

Thank you for replying, However I believe Jax Pointed out to me what it was I did wrong. Let me explain a bit; I have completed everything except the communication exercise , and the part that talks about community service ( although I am in the process of waiting to be approved for the American Red Cross. I wanted to learn more, and I had read something about talking to someone about my learning path. However Jax pointed out to me I need to download I believe it was creed 101 and Jedi studies 101?

Anyhow, I wrote to you to have you help me figure out what to do next, I seem to be flying through these courses, and am eager to learn.

Sincerely,
Will aka SilverWolf

OK. It doesn't sound like you've done something wrong, just a little ahead of the flow. Creed and Jedi Studies are the first two courses you'll take after completing the introductory course, but until the intro course assignments are checked off, you won't have access to the downloads.

For now, then, there are two things you can be doing. First, post the intro course assignments you have completed in your thread in the training area. If you need to skip over the Comm assignment for now, that's okay, as long as you can get it done in the near future; that one can slow some folks down if they don't have easy access to several people to help complete the assignment, so we understand if it gets done last.

The second thing you can do is go to this link and download the PLP template. There are instructions in the template that goes with the corresponding section of the intro coursebook, but if there are things you still don't understand, feel free to contact me or post here and I will be able to give you more specific guidance.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• William

Dear Atticus,

On the PLP document under Institute courses May I write the completion date with a " ( communtion exercise to be completed at a later date) " or should I just put a completion date? or should I leave it blank?

Also, may I have access to the creed 101 and Jedi studies 101 workbooks?

I would give yourself a target date to get it done. The PLP will change over time as you add goals and complete courses and hours.

In case you weren't already aware, you can find a list of the available courses at this link . Any course that does not start with the word "Adept" is part of the Novice curriculum and should therefore go on your PLP.

As to course access past the intro, I can ask Jax to do that once your intro course assignments are posted and we've gone over them.

• William

Dear Atticus,

All my assignments EXCEPT the communications Exercise which you told me I could do at another time are posted in my Introductory course training Journal

I'm sorry, all that is in your intro course thread are your Force and Personal assignments and our dialogue on them. If you have posted assignments somewhere else, like a training journal or another forum thread, let me know where and I can move them.

• William

Dear Atticus,

all my assignments are in my training Journal I checked them myself, I however have not moved them to the completed section. But when I go to Introductory course, Introductory course-SilverWolf training Journal they all show up on my end

That's odd. Ah well, I have found the assignments in your training journal and moved them to the intro course thread. I'll get to work on responding to them shortly.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds