Norrad's PLP

• Norrad
  • Norrad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8

Norrad created the topic: Norrad's PLP

I am at the point in the introductory course that says "At about this time, you should be looking to work directly with a Faculty member to help you pick classes and develop your learning plan. Just post in the Guidance Counseling Office that you are ready for a member of Faculty to help you with your Personal Learning Plan for assistance."
So here I am : )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Norrad

Norrad replied the topic: Norrad's PLP

One quick question regarding the PLP. The sample says "rank working towards adept" and requires 100 Hours. Since I am only working towards novice, do I change this to say novice and 50 hours?

• Norrad

I also have a few questions regarding certain activities I am thinking about including and if they are acceptable.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1846

Kol Drake replied the topic: Norrad's PLP

Could you post what you have so far?

There are a couple of folks who normally 'do' the PLP stuff -- and they tend to show up on the weekends. For now, post what you have and maybe I can give some suggestions (I hope).

• Norrad

I figured one of my questions out, some how I had downloaded the wrong PLP. When I finish most of it, I will post it.

• Norrad

I would like to include some Physical Fitness into my PLP, and was wondering if home fitness could count? I am currently on disabilities, and cannot afford to join a gym or attend classes. However I would like to start working out for at least 30mins a day, as it would be greatly beneficial to my anxiety disorder and general health. I think I would be more likely to include this in my daily life if it was part of PLP. I could record every session from webcam for proof, as well as complete the journal and essay. Is this sort of thing allowed?

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1846

Kol Drake replied the topic: Norrad's PLP

Home fitness?

I don't see an issue with it -- and -- no need to video/record it. (unless you really want to)

If you are doing a set cycle --
say: walking 20 minutes; hand weights 5 pounds/10 reps., etc. just list it out on a separate sheet as 'home fitness routine'... and reference it on the PLP.

DO track how much time you spend daily or every other day, etc. It's a good 'thing' so you are aware of how much you are doing or how you progress from walking 20 minutes to 45 or jumping up the hand weights or increasing repetitions. It's all about YOU seeing your progress -and- goes toward your goal of 'better you-ness'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrad

• Thank you received: 1433

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Norrad's PLP

As Kol Drake already said and I just would like to add to it that this is why we tend to keep and write a PTD (Personal Training Diary) up in the according section of the board.
In the PTD we somehow track what we do and write about how and in which way we feel those activities had been beneficial for us and our Jedi Path. I would recommend to go to the section and have a look at others PTD to see what it is all about to get a better idea and understanding. After that just listen your (physical) activities in your PLP and as Kol Drake wrote, track them in you PTD and all is good.
I hope that helps!?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Norrad

Almost done with the PLP, but I have a final question. For the first aid certificate, is that Emergency First Aid or Standard First Aid?

• Thank you received: 1433

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Norrad's PLP

Sorry, I have to pass on this one as I'm Europe and so far I had two different First Aid Educations. The one which one needs to take for the driving licence and another one which made my First Aider at my Company.
So, I don't know what the differences are in the two You mentioned, but I guess that any First Aid Education is better than none. So, put in what ever is available and possible for You.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrad

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds