Meditation Help

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
  • Tai-Da Vrikaurvan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 47

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan created the topic: Meditation Help

I was going to put a post up asking if anyone had any meditation techniques I could try out. I am getting a little bored of doing the same simple meditations. I was wondering if it would be ok to do the Meditation 101 course along side the Creed 101. Or does anyone have any resources I could use to make my meditation a little more exciting.

Thanks
Tai

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Meditation Help

I would love to have you in the meditation course, but I will leave it to Jax to help you decide if it is appropriate for you to do the two courses together. Please tell me what those "same simple meditations" are so I can suggest some alternatives.

Zen-Ryo

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan replied the topic: Meditation Help

Thanks for the reply zen. I have spoken to Jax and she said she will give me access to the course once she has a spare moment. I have been doing just basic breathing exercises. I have done a few meditations with candles, a few meditations with music but nothing big. Just breath in hold for 5 breath out hold for 5, repeat and feel the energy within. Sometimes ill have a candle to use as a focal point. Sometime an object to feel as a meditate.

I was going to try some qi-gong as something different.

The problem I have is I have an active mind so it can be difficult to calm the mind without music or something else to focus my attention to.

Thanks again Zen
Tai

― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Meditation Help

We all have active minds and it can be very difficult to learn to quiet them. Even the most experienced and talented meditators still find themselves bothered by thoughts while they meditate. The goal is not to perfect your meditation, but just to continually improve it. Hopefully the course will help some even though many of the exercises will be similar to stuff you already do.

However, there are meditations that make use of the active mind. Have you tried any mantra meditation? What about outdoor meditation where you can focus on a view that has a lot of activity and focusing on practicing releasing everything that comes from that view? Or finding a place where there is a variety of sound and every sound you hear, attaching a word to it and then letting it go and listening for the next sound? I like the idea of having a puzzle in your hand - I used to have a puzzle object that was simple and methodical, but took a lot of concentration to keep from screwing it up. I definitely went into a meditative state when playing with that puzzle.

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan replied the topic: Meditation Help

I appreciate the advice Zen. Will definitly try those ideas out. I appreciate the help. :) I like the puzzle idea never would have thought of that.

― Mother Teresa

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds