• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor created the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

Hi,

Jackie has appointed me active Guidance Counselor for the present. Please come to me with any and all questions related to the academy.

Such as: What do I need to be studying? Where am I on the road to becoming a Knight? What is a Knight? Which courses are most important for me to be taking right now? I'm done with my PLP, now what?

:)

You may post questions in this thread, OR PM me for personal questions.

As a Guidance Counselor, I can also receive personal notes like extended leaves for health or family reasons (not that you need feel obligated to divulge that information) or ask for advice on difficult issues. Please also come to me if you are experiencing "behavioral issues" from colleagues, peers, or even instructors. However, we have a high standard, and any weird activity will be monitored. If something is going on behind the scenes that we, the Admin team, cannot see, please let us know.

Please come to me first before going to Jax. She is very busy with her job and moving in to her new place in Colorado. I generally have the answer, and if I don't, I can shoot her a quick text to figure it out so we don't waste her time.

Thank you very much, and glad to see everybody!

-Connor Lidell,
Faculty, Instructor, Creed 101.
Guidance Counselor.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 153

Brian replied the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

Hi Connor! I have taken all the courses. What comes next?

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

Hi Brian! Have you completed your PLP Integrative Practice Requirements? (And, have you written all your responses to the things which require responses?)

Also, do you have your First Aid and CPR certificates? All of these things need to be compiled and completed first.

Then, you may petition to take the Novice Exam.

• Thank you received: 153

Brian replied the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

I believe I have completed all my hours. I have not written up reviews of movies and books that I have watched and read. I also still have to re-new my CPR and First Aid Certification. I'll focus on these things.

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Then it looks like I found something for you to do! :D Fantastic. Come back to me when all that's done.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

Furthering my studies. what do when I am done with my open areas and studies? Do I wait for something or do I contact someone to let them know and have the next area opened for me?

We are the Force.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Do you mean you have completed your integrated practice hours?

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

I believe I got my answer from Jax. Thanks.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 493

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Ask the Guidance Counselor

I have some questions on the PLP, a few things I need some clarification on. (EDITED after reviewing the PLP w/ examples a second time). For Integrative Practice Hours, There are 4 activities; for Adapt the activities cannot account for more than 20 hours ...but it is not clear what the total number of hours are that I am working towards. Based on the PLP with examples it looks like I can just add extra activities if needed?

For education, if I read two books does that count as one activity or two? (the Intro Course says 5 hours per book.)

For Service, can I count service I have done within the past year? I spent a large part of the last five years volunteering with different animal shelters/rescue organizations. I had to take a step back to deal with compassion fatigue/burnout last fall. Can I count any of those hours towards my 50?

Can I combine past massage and acupuncture treatments along with a few future visits to make 10 hours? Can I combine massage and acupuncture treatments in general? Or is it really just one treatment type at a time?

:thanks

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

You want 50 hours for your Novice Exam. You may add extra activities as long as they do not exceed the maximum for Novice.

If you read two books, that is 10 hours. But, you must review each book independently.

You can probably count that service. Please contact Jax directly on that one. I'm optimistic though!

Ummm... Yes, I think you can combine those. I am gonna go ahead and say yes. But, please make sure and journal about it so we can see how they're helping!

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds