• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1911

Kol Drake created the topic: Brain Power Boost

March 31, 2015
On the PBS Nightly News Hour they had a long segment concerning tDCS -- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation research.

Unlike the 'electric shock / brain cooking' treatments like in the movie, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, this is something very subtle -- about the same as a 9 volt battery -- but seems to give the 'brain power' a boost that compares to 3-4 times the 'jolt' of a good Starbucks mega caffeine dose. And the increase tends to last several hours compared to that same caffeine pick-me-up.

The segment also showed how it was being used for stroke victims -- improving dexterity / movement function through tDCS processing.

Pretty cool.
PLUS, it is sooooo easy, you can buy 'head sensors' / stimulators for like $100 or even click around the Interwebs and make your own.

Imagine improving your mental focus / processing and more with a 20 minute meditation session and wearing a headband.
Wonder how many levels of reality we can access in the coming years with such 'simple' technology?

Below is a website with tons of links to articles and research info plus DIY (do-it-yourself) places... enjoy.
>> DIY tDCS <<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Baru

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1882

Jax replied the topic: Re:Brain Power Boost

I have experienced how easy it is to screw up the brain too. I used a tens unit on my neck and scrambled my brain because of the magnetic fields. Be careful with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1911

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Brain Power Boost

Yes, placing the sensors/electrodes is a bit more than.... slap that baby on and give me the juice! :P

Caution and some study is required.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds