Reliance

• Thank you received: 48

Streen created the topic: Reliance

As every Jedi knows, the Force is a powerful ally. It is a part of everything. You can never be seperate from it, nor can it ever abandon you. It is this nature of the Force that tells us that everything we do comes from the Force. It is the source of all things. Apart from it you can do nothing.

It is therefore important to realize that you must rely fully on the Force for everything in order to be successful in what you do. It is when we begin to think that we can do things all on our own that we run into trouble. Everything we have, everything we've accomplished, comes from the Force, and so you must never boast as though you have done something on your own.

Be thankful for the skills you have been given, and use them well. Have faith in yourself and the Force, and even more will be granted to you.

"When you’re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you’re enlightened, every word is wisdom."
— Zhiqu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: Reliance

The one word that I think you forgot but alluded to is to be grateful.  Having gratitude is the most important part of continuing to receive what you enjoy.  Gratitude increases the positive energy surrounding the situation, increasing the flow of it from the Force.  Therefore, if you do nothing else, remember to be grateful for everything you receive.  :-D

• Thank you received: 48

Streen replied the topic: Re: Reliance

Yes, thank you Jax!  :)  Gratitude... that's a better word for it.

"When you’re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you’re enlightened, every word is wisdom."
— Zhiqu

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: Reliance

I just wrote about the Force at Jedi Sanctuary...and I used the word "respect" to speak about my acknowledgement of the Force in my life.

All my life I've sensed a direction, and I knew if I "listened" or whatever it was...it would go well.  It has, for the most part.  When I chose not to follow this "sense" I often learned a lot, but it wasn't the "right" way to go.

Luckily, coming from a religiously accepting family I was considered to have "a calling".  I don't, not in the organized religions sense of wishing to become a member of the clergy - or in my case I spoke for lengths of time with an Episcopalian nun.  But at that time it would have meant being "cloistered" and I enjoy the everydays of life and people to wish to be apart from it.

But feeling the Force, is not so strange as many would believe.  The nun I spoke with was very open about her sensing "The spirit of God" or "The Force" and she did not feel she worshipped so much as acknowledged her respect.

I have had many wise people lead me along in life...people who seemed to be close to The Force.  I am glad I have found a spirituality that asks open questions about it instead of shrouding it in mystery as many religions seem to do.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds