Anger

• Jon Barris
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Thank you received: 0

Jon Barris replied the topic: Re: Anger

I can really understand you, and am certainly no different myself. What gets me going is when I´m trying my very best to do something, which others maybe don`t even bother doing, and being put down. It is then that I remember what my father said, "those who don`t do anything don`t make any mistakes!". What I have experienced a lot of times, with some considerable embarassment, is that there is usually a good reason why people react in certain ways.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jon Barris
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Thank you received: 0

Jon Barris replied the topic: Re: Anger

I have learnt how anger and hate go hand in hand. Because of my German decent I was subject to both physical/pycological abuse in England; as a obedient student in the franciscan order I was at the mercy of the persecutions of one of the masters (forbiden to contact my parents; I was stripped of my name; public insults; my post was opened...); in Italy where I studied I felt the dislike of the Italians for the English... . The result was that I could not face anything to do with England or enter a Church... . My life was determined by my hatred/anger... . Time did heal my wounds and now I can chose where I want to go or not. The result now is that I can really appreciate the suffering caused by discrimination. In a way my life is now determined by understanding. Everyday I am thankful for this gift.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds