"The Jedi Faithful"

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1911

Kol Drake created the topic: "The Jedi Faithful"

This is a great article concerning those who profess to being 'Jedi' -- and follow as religion or as realists, the dictates of the Force. As one reads down the article, you will find many familiar names from the IJRS's 20 years of posts/threads.

>> The Jedi Faithful - March 2018, The Pacific Standard <<

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick
  • Falling is part of the journey
  • Thank you received: 173

Nick replied the topic: "The Jedi Faithful"

Thanks for sharing! Always great to have something to direct more people towards the community.

It was an interesting read. I appreciate the writers efforts to understand and deliver something thought provoking to the reader, but I feel either his editor or his style made it difficult to follow specifics for anyone really interested in learning about Jedi practices or being inspired by the article. The structure of the article is haphazard, as if many of the details were cut for space. The article mentions one of the Jedi referenced wrote a book, but does not give the title or discuss its usefulness for Jedi or non-Jedi. In the middle of describing a Gathering meditation event, the writer pops in that one Jedi told him the phrase "May the Force be with you" is basically like saying, "May air always be with you". I just felt it could have been a better article, but I'm not a journalist, writer, or editor.

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds