Ryan Holiday: The Key to Happiness is Realizing that Everything Sucks

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 525

Connor created the topic: Ryan Holiday: The Key to Happiness is Realizing that Everything Sucks

thoughtcatalog.com/ryan-holiday/2017/08/the-key-to-happiness-is-realizing-that-everything-sucks/

I know I posted my thoughts in my blog post, but the original article really has a different, and equally important point.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbreaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1347

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Ryan Holiday: The Key to Happiness is Realizing that Everything Sucks

Sorry, but the same goes for this one what I wrote about and for FB. Some external links I just cannot read from my company’s PC. Therefore I would be happy if You could quote-post them here at IJRS.
Many thanks in advance. :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1766

Kol Drake replied the topic: Ryan Holiday: The Key to Happiness is Realizing that Everything Sucks

Interesting article.
Basically using the STOIC method of looking at things. Not to make everything 'meh' or discounted but to try to bring a sense of realism over expectations and imagined 'rewards'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbreaker

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 525

Connor replied the topic: Ryan Holiday: The Key to Happiness is Realizing that Everything Sucks

Sorry, Yoshio, I don't feel comfortable cross posting somebody else's work onto another site. Since it removes their ad traffic. If anybody else wants to post it here in spoiler tags, go for it.

Kol, Ryan Holiday has written more than one book on Stoicism. :) So, I'm sure that's definitely the intention.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds