How do you find balance?

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: How do you find balance?

I also hope that we can all get some strength or at least comfort from the knowledge that everyone struggles with finding balance. When we are overwhelmed with all the energy drains and the time demands, when we are being pulled in 10 different directions it is exhausting and can feel so isolating. Especially when you fall into comparing yourself to others (which I tend to do when I am floundering). Knowing that just about everyone struggles with finding balance at some point in life can be a help. No one has to get everything done. No one CAN get everything done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46

Streen replied the topic: How do you find balance?

Katie (StormyKat) wrote: No one has to get everything done. No one CAN get everything done.

Exactly.

Balance is about never going to extremes. Some call it the Middle Path, the point between Yin and Yang. When faced with a decision to go one way or another, try to find the compromise in between. You might be surprised how many opportunities there are not to commit to fully Yin or fully Yang.

It's said that when one's action is extremely Yin or Yang, it quickly reverses to the opposite. Extreme physical activity leads to extreme inactivity (exercising excessively leads to complete exhaustion). Extreme hunger leads to excessive eating. And so on.

"When you’re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you’re enlightened, every word is wisdom."
— Zhiqu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat), Brandon Myers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds