Perspective and change

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1822

Jax created the topic: Perspective and change

We wish you to not be discouraged. Did you truly expect all human acts of violence to cease? This would be unnatural. You live in a world governed by natural law. We are not saying that killing and violence is natural. Not at all. We are saying that certain patterns of behavior have been achieved and set in your reality, and they will not change overnight.

Have not these most recent atrocities been the result of mental imbalance? Anything other than loving thoughts and actions is the result of imbalance, be it mental, spiritual, emotional, or physical. The laws of rhythm and balance are still in effect. You are moving toward greater balance, but you are not there yet.

Focus not on the atrocities, but on the improvements. Can you not now speak of “oneness” and the need for loving-kindness without being met with blank stares or anger? This is evidence of growth. Look around and count the blessings. See the love in action. See the growing awareness in your fellow man of the need for change. Embrace the movements for such.

Yes, you have a long way to go, but be not discouraged. Stand for love. Stand tall when others may show less than loving responses. Growth is ongoing. Like the movement of your planets, it does not stop and it does not reverse its path. It is orderly, and order will prevail, for Love is ultimately behind it all.

We thank you for your patience and your dedication to the cause of bringing more light into your world. Much needed are you. Never think anything less.
feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/nqKLw/~3/HSpGLLcdw6s/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

This perspective is so key to my sanity. If I don't keep this larger perspective, I lose faith. I get frustrated, and darkness sets in.

I get frustrated. I get impatient. I want change to come fast so we can create a better world. But every step is another step forward. That helps keep me going. I hope it helps you as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1407

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Perspective and change

I don’t want to say that I have mastered that already or in any means but at a young age I had to learn to be persevering in the things I do and that more often than not it is only time which does change things for the better but that doesn’t mean that all is lost or that one should give in.
The trick, the magic is to keep going and, also we all want to see things happen immediately and always in the way we wish them to be, take a single step at a time as every step we do is a step which gets us closer to our goal. In this way we are the master, designer of our own life as long as we keep going, keep progressing.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Thank you received: 107

Anirac Morgan replied the topic: Perspective and change

I remember when I was little and getting preached to about God & religion constantly. I was always thinking that there could be no God because of all the horrible things in the world. I was a dark child, much more so than as an adult. Now I am sunshine in comparison, lol. The way I saw it was that there was so much suffering in the world, there was simply no way it could be good or that things would end well for us.
That thought did come back later, when I entered Jediism and began pondering things like determinism or whether there's a "will of the force" so to speak. Now I mostly hear the girlfriend saying the same thing, but I find myself disagreeing with her.

Look at where we were 100 - 200 years ago. 400 - 500 years ago. Look back at a time when innocent women were burned alive due to superstition and malice. Or the crusades in which "the most civilised of us" travelled through countries to convert or kill. Look at the history of my own country, Norway, and what my forefathers did that was considered normal and justified at that time. Look at our history. We can't say it hasn't at least improved. Women has the right of voting, not every country practice the death sentence, there's media coverage of acts of cruelty and diplomatic solutions to a lot of our global problems. I mean, we've gotten somewhere. Nothing is perfect, but we have evolved to the better.

There are horrible things happening in this world today, but we have come somewhere. The world is in constant change & humanity is ever evolving into something better. We've come from somewhere and we are heading somewhere. Toddlers will scrape their knees and fall off their bikes as they grow up and learn how to keep themselves safe, how to make good choices. It takes time to evolve, to grow. It doesn't mean it's not for something or that we won't head for something better.

I have faith in our species and that we are able to evolve from this to further enlightenment, compassion & a well-functioning society. There's more to us than cruelty and suffering. I see where we were, where we are and where we potentially could be down the line. As horrible as it is, perhaps all those mistakes, all that cruelty, it had to happen for us to grow. Sometimes kids have to touch that candle and burn themselves, before they understand and learn not to do it again.

After every winter, there's spring. We're in the spring of humanity now, even if it sometimes doesn't seem that way. One day, we might find ourselves in summer. Quite possibly long after my time. I still believe in that, and our potential to be better. And I'll live as well as I can with those ideals that I see for us in the future. For now; every small step we take is one of significance and meaning. We cannot change everyone else, but we can contribute to change by changing ourselves. Every one of us is a small thread in a large carpet. We can't even see the change we contribute to, but we can do our best and have faith that change is happening. Even if some prophet came with absolutely convincing evidence that humanity is a lost cause, I still wouldn't give up that faith. Nothing is impossible, lest we stop believing it can happen.
There's so much power in faith & hope.

Never give up, never surrender, lol.
One of my favorite quotes.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "There's always a bigger fish."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1822

Jax replied the topic: Perspective and change

Thank you Anirac. This is how I see the world as well, but you said it very nicely.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds