March 2016 Holocron (submissions!)

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor created the topic: March 2016 Holocron (submissions!)

Hi all,

I am here today to talk about the Holocron. It is a publication that gives Jedi from all over the world the chance to submit articles on Jedi/Jediism/Jedi Realism. Whatever your flavor.

This month, we are accepting submissions on the topic of Spirituality: How did the Force Awaken to you?

Please send your submissions via PM to me or to the Holocron's email account: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Any questions? Feel free to ask below! Here's a link to past Holocrons. We publish every three months!
jedifederation.org/index.php/holocron

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: March 2016 Holocron (submissions!)

Thanks to Yoshio who has already submitted an article!! We would love more from IJRS!

Also, If you want to subscribe to the Holocron, set it up with your email here. tinyletter.com/jediholocron1 . And, share it with all your friends and Jedi Colleagues! We want to get 100 people signed up for this next edition! And, you can help us out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

This is a little weekly bump! If you want to read the OP, that will give you details. But, basically, please submit articles to the Holocron at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and please subscribe at tinyletter.com/jediholocron1

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Page 16, Snowy's article in the final copy should read: " As someone who grew up with the Force being everywhere, I may have been at a disadvantage when it came to "awakening" to it. It was always talked about: in every playtime, on every t-shirt, scrawled on every Pizza Hut collector's glass, and was something I barely understood, let alone even took time to think about in any sincere way. People couldn't be Jedi. And it didn't help that my parents were the most decidedly fundamental religionists in the world. It doesn't matter what their religion was because I was not allowed to think about anything even remotely different.

So now, at age 39, after having lived and explored religion as far as I thought I ever would and deciding they were all wrong, it seems unlikely that I'd do something silly like "awaken", and even less likely that it would be to "the Force". At the end of 2015 I said to myself that 17+ years was long enough to be depressed, and I was going to stop now. I slowly, across weeks, surrendered my antidepressants and antianxiety medications from my system. As I began to crawl back into the light of day I realized that what I really needed was a major change of perspective. I needed something I could call a religion. I'd been rejecting it for almost 20 years. But I needed something open-minded, full of a lust for life. That came in the form of Jediism. When I first saw what Jediism really was, it was as if someone had taken the best part of every other religion, welded them together, polished them until they shined and released it into the atmosphere. The other Jedi I've met are all fantastic, and the ones that I disagree with are sometimes even more brilliant.

Being on the other side of depression is a constant, daily effort. I have to constantly be aware of my thought process and listen to myself to make sure I'm not falling back into my old, negative patterns. But the Jedi I've been around have made it so much easier. And that's one thing I'll fight to hold on to. That feeling of community and working together on something good."

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds