Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Star Wars Panel at FoCo Comic Con - Are the new movies going to be good or bad? - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Star Wars Panel at FoCo Comic Con - Are the new movies going to be good or bad?

• Thank you received: 244

Baru created the topic: Star Wars Panel at FoCo Comic Con - Are the new movies going to be good or bad?

I had the opportunity to lead a can at the new Fort Collins Comic Con. I was asked to talk about the new movies and to see what people thought about them. I discussed the New Canon verses the Old Canon; and asked people what they think about Disney's plan for Star Wars.

My topic was not very spiritual or "jediism" in nature. It was focused on the Pop culter aspects of the genre. I wanted to know what people thought about Disney resetting the Star Wars story? Did they miss the old EU? Do they think Disney is saturating the market with their plans of: Netflix shows, 10 + movies ( 1 movie a year for the next 10+ years), 40+ comic book titles, 20 + novels, and computer games that will all be "canon"?

Most people agreed that this is way to much Data, information and story for any normal person to follow. The only solution is for people to pick the genre or media that they like and ignore the rest. So will a lot of these media outlets be ignored? Will Disney cancel the things that don't work or keep them going because they promised the fans?

What is the future of SW - no one knows but everyone is excited to find out.

For me, this is important for two reasons:
1. New recruits.
2. The Force relationship.

1. New recruits
Are we prepared for the possible wave of new recruits?
Will be adapt to Disney's version of SW and the Force or stick to the original material?
How will this new canon influence how the new recruits perceive Jedi and the Force?

I did hand out a bunch of fliers. I look forward to seeing if anyone signs up here.

2. The Force relationship.
I love what was portrayed in the original trilogy. I did not like the creation of midaclroiens (sp) in the new series. I did not like how Jedi were portrayed in the Clone Wars animations. I wonder if Disney will further the disconnection between the truth about the Force and the fictional version of it? Or will Disney revive the original depiction of the Force - that we are all one with the Force?

How will the Force be portrayed in all of this material and how will that affect the people who come to us looking for answers?

It was a good con. I enjoyed the interaction with the guests. We focused mostly on Disney's take over of SW and what the fans think of it.

However for me, I feel that there are a lot of deeper questions that I look forward to getting answers to concerning this next generation of SW.

We are the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1904

Jax replied the topic: Star Wars Panel at FoCo Comic Con - Are the new movies going to be good or bad?

These are great questions. I'm going to add this to the agenda for September's meeting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds