Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47503

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 448
This is a space for everyone to post their thoughts, journal entries, fun tid-bits, etc from the Jedi Gathering.

For me the Jedi Gathering was really awesome! I finally got to meet a lot of fellow faculty members in person that I've interacted with for years online. We had lots of awesome workshops and opportunities to enjoy the beautiful nature in the Rockies.

One of my favorite workshops was Attunement, which was a healing modality specific to the place we were staying. It inspired me to propel a more formal Jedi Healing course...so hopefully we can have that one day.

Ok, POST AWAY!
"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47510

• Atticus
  • Thank you received: 523
You know you picked an appropriate "Jedi name" when people know your real one but can't bring themselves to use it. "Sorry, man, you're Atticus. I just can't call you Rick . . . " I bet Baru and Lars can relate. :D

Great workshops. I don't know if I could pick a favorite, but I loved the Attunement modality too.

One of the things I found most beneficial was the social meditation. As an extreme introvert -- see, those of you who were there now know that I wasn't kidding about that -- I appreciated the chance to "lean into" my discomfort and break through some barriers.
"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lars Greypath

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47512

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1700
I did not get to participate as much as I would have liked to. I am looking forward to the videos to see what I missed. While planning and doing a gathering with an infant was not ideal, I'm really glad that I did it. Everyone had a great time, we're creating awesome things for the future, and Melody had a blast playing with everyone!

I am glad I got to hike and chat with people, sit in the hot tub with Katie (Kai-an), Shamus and Lars, and setting the future in motion with the praxeum with all in attendance. I also now feel better about gatherings going forward after seeing how much everyone got from the weekend. I look forward to more!

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47516

• Baru
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 227
Wonderful meeting you all.

I look forward to maintianing the energy behind our vision of the Jedi Academy.
We are the Force.

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47521

• Kai-An Tatok
  • Thank you received: 123
This weekend was really incredible. Definitely one of those moments where the force or the universe said 'This is what you need' and opened up so I could find it. Everything was fabulous; I particularly enjoyed the Form, which was a shockingly powerful exercise for me. But my favorite part had to be the conversations that happened: as always the best parts of any gathering are the Jedi. I really felt like I had the chance to really connect and talk with every single person there, and the conversations we had about the future of our community and the way our paths intersect to create that community were phenomenal, and so beneficial to me both personally and in terms of organizing California Jedi, and working with the other western Jedi.

I also had some kind of vision at some point, which is super new ground/deep waters for me, so that's interesting. Still processing all of the things I learned and ways I opened up.
"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47525

• Atticus
  • Thank you received: 523
I also like how everyone who has posted in this thread so far is currently showing as "now online". I know this experience has fired me up to get back to participating more and advancing the curriculum online as well as off-, and I suspect I am not alone in that.
"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Memnoich

Re:2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47527

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1700
Definitely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47538

• Connor (Bagheera)
  • Faculty
  • Outreach Director
  • Thank you received: 469
I am working on my memoir of the event. It's a mammoth document even now, since I'm uploading all my notes from the events too. But I'm also working AND volunteering at a camp right now... I didn't plan coming back to reality well! Hahaha.

Lovely to meet you all! Be on the look out for my gathering reflection soon. Love you all.
Creed 101, Instructor.
Outreach Director
SW: 340, CW: 305 (6/9/15)
House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47548

• Lars Greypath
  • Thank you received: 11
This was my first gathering, and I must say it was incredible. I thoroughly enjoyed being in the company of such wonderful human beings. I enjoyed learning the bars, as well as Baru's martial arts lesson and all the healing modalities.. Pretty much everything was awesome XD

2015 Colorado Jedi Gathering Memories 1 year 11 months ago #47549

• Connor (Bagheera)
  • Faculty
  • Outreach Director
  • Thank you received: 469
Lars, you can change your display name to Lars Graypath (greypath?) if you want. Marshall works too.
Creed 101, Instructor.
Outreach Director
SW: 340, CW: 305 (6/9/15)
House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds