Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Fiction and Reality - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Fiction and Reality

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
  • Tai-Da Vrikaurvan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 48

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan created the topic: Fiction and Reality

One thing I see often in the community forums is people asking the Differences between Jedi Realists and Fictional Jedi, what they differences are etc. However I dont see so often posts on how they are similar.

What do Jedi in the movies have in common with Jedi realists today.

One thing that I personally see as a connection is the length of training, If I am correct in the movies 1 - 2 decades was usually the training time although it differs from apprentice to apprentice. My training with Streen lasted a decade and that started when I was a ten year old boy, like young kids would have been in the movies.

I know that some Jedi Realists take on 1 to 1 training with a master or apprentice although its not always the case.

Apart from those being the obvious ones or at least the second one is I wanted your personal opinions. What similarities do you see from the movies and reality of the Jedi?

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

β€œIt's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1904

Jax replied the topic: Fiction and Reality

I think you'll find, in most Jedi communities, the length of time is significantly less. Though, I personally feel it requires a lot more, on the order of the decade that many of us here have been putting in before taking on knighthood. :-)

I suspect that, as we grow, as individuals and as communities, we'll become closer to the abilities of the fictional Jedi than we realize. First step is living in true communion and awareness of the Force every moment of the day. The shift from being a physical being to a whole being, aware of the energy along with the physical is not one that comes overnight. But the more we do it, the more Force abilities naturally develop, and the more we can approach life from the mindset of the fictional Jedi. Often, the reason people become knights after a year or two is because they have no concept of how much is possible, so they think they've learned a lot when all they did was dip their toe in a bucket. ;-)

In a sense, I feel like we're reverse engineering the Jedi path. We've been given an outcome of sorts, but minimal information how to get there over the course of many generations. So we try different things and see if that is bringing us closer or not. Perhaps we are quite in line with the very first to start on this Jedi path, and it's only the huge gap between countless generations of training and where we are now that creates the separation in our minds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Tai-Da Vrikaurvan, Brandon

• Thank you received: 3

Brandon replied the topic: Fiction and Reality

That's actually a very good observation and thought process that I have thought about for a while, and that I'd like to see as a TV show; the concept of seeing the Star Wars galaxy during a time where the technology is at a similar stage as it is in our current state, or in a timeline with similar technological level as in Star Trek, and show the origins of the Jedi and how they found the Force and midi chlorians. Also I'd like to see other religions, and how they explain the presence of the Force once it is discovered

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds