The Will of the Force

• Thank you received: 1887

Jax replied the topic: Re: The Will of the Force

There's nothing I can say to convince you that there is no fear of God.  God doesn't control us, it wouldn't make any sense.  So there's nothing to fear.  I'm also not afraid of being wrong, because I trust that I'm not.  And I don't fear being controlled.  I refuse to be controlled, but not because of fear, because it reduces my own power.  And embracing our greatest version of ourself is why we're here. 

But you can think what you want, because again, there's no way to convince you otherwise.  But it did allow me to clarify my own points somewhat, as you did yours.  In the end, people have to go with what they feel is correct also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In the sake of full honesty, which I'm really trying to work on, the only fear I was feeling was that of conflict and confrontation.  It is very simple.  I try to get my point across with just the right words so that I am not misunderstood, but also so that it doesn't cause conflict.  So I write, trying to keep track of my feelings and also watching for the signal that I know to be my guide telling me to be careful of my words.  Fear of conflict is in many posts that I write when I know to be pushing some buttons on an issue and I'm not able to quite get to the place I need to be in order to write without worry.  That doesn't mean I fear what I write, or what I'm responding to.  That's simply not true.  The only fear that remained from my religious upbringing was handled about a year or so ago, and it had nothing to do with any of the things you brought up.  Now, I am completely free of any of the dogma religions use to control people.  Instead I am free to follow a spirituality based on truth.  And there is very little doubt in my spirituality, so I can speak from a place of confidence at this point in my life.  That may unnerve some people, but to do any less would be to diminish who I am and what I have learned. 

• Thank you received: 15

Icarus replied the topic: Re: The Will of the Force

Well, this conversation seems to have taken a turn here, but I'm going to go back to the original intent of this conversation and that happened to be Tai Chi Yoda's situation with an entity. This was not God. There are ways to determine if it is God that is speaking, or if it is another entity. This is coming from someone that does believe in God, too. The problem with this situation and the following discussions is that Magdelene does not have all of the data on the situation, so it is easy to see how she would see things from this perspective, but I know that that perspective is wrong in this case.

What Jax has said is true. There is no fear getting in the way of detecting the true nature of this entity. She even recommended Tai Chi to other people that are used to working with such a thing. The only control issue here is with that of the banished entity, so everything else on that subject is null and void.

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: The Will of the Force

Could we possibly lock this discussion or something???

The issue was dealt with and I have moved on.  Fortunately I have learned what I needed to, and I believe that there was a seperate entity that was involved and since that incident, I have felt a stronger connection with my Higher Power(aka the force, god, etc)...Jax and Icarus have helped me, and I would just like for this discussion to end

Thank you,
:yoda

I personally feel the discussion was resolved.  We said our pieces respectively, and I personally don't have anything else to say on the matter anyway.  But, I did feel it important that things be as clear as possible, for anyone else who ends up in a similar situation.  You just happened to trigger ;-)

Welcome back by the way, and glad you're feeling more connected. 

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds