GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Behavioral Attributes

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Behavioral Attributes

I hope you do. That's kind of the point. ;-)  Of course, do so in the appropriate forum in a new thread, but share away!  In time maybe I can get the list setup so you can click on a topic and it brings you to threads or library articles related to it.  Ooh, new project (which I don't have time for) lol It's something for the future though, and something doable by another member of the site if they feel so inclined.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Behavioral Attributes

I've always thought jedi should build their libraries and possible organizations by ideals of jedi and as a reflection of Force. Everything is interconnected and in constant flow. What you focus on floats up for you from the Force.  ;D
Links are anyways kinda Force like... lol

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

lol If we had fancier technology I'm sure that'd be easy to do. However, that isn't the case so we work with what we have. ;-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Behavioral Attributes

Speaking of this. Our needs might one day spur the development of technology.

Imagination always has had such an effect.

I feel now like leaving this thread for on topic matters.

:meditate

• Thank you received: 68

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Behavioral Attributes

This list is for me as a Jedi:

Leadership
- Understanding Power
- Influence without Power
- Followership principles
- Team Building
-- Learning Process
-- Coaching/Training/Mentoring
-- Group dynamics
- How to empower people

Self Awareness (Emotional Intelligence)
- Knowledge of all aspects of self
-- strengths and weaknesses
-- personal issues and triggers
-- how to address and move beyond weaknesses/issues/triggers
-- Emotions as messengers
-- How do I think or perceive things differently than others (Culture/Religion)
- Balanced self
-- Mind, Body, Spirit
-- Meditation for personal insight
Authentic self - known and understanding
Personality profile
Self-management
Relationship building
Ethical practices
Decision making

Communication
-- Interpersonal Communication
--- Communication between generations, genders, cultures
-- Conflict Resolution
-- Verbal De-escalation (non-violent communication)
-- Diplomacy, Negotiation, Arbitration
Written communication skills
Impromptu speaking skills
Prepared speaking skills

Vision
-- Goal Setting
-- Decision Making
-- Critical Thinking

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

It's certainly something that keeps a Jedi busy in their training!

• Thank you received: 42

Hunter replied the topic: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Behavioral Attributes

what is the motive/behavior/outcome relationship?

its pretty well documented how the intuitive assumptions of the language/thoughts relationship is incomplete

like we can see how our choices of words help to shape our thougts and our belifes
wheres the purely intuitive assumption is "this person speaks a certain way because they are that type of person" or "they are this type of person, and thats why they speak the way they speak"

but it is demonstrable that the way we speak, to othere and especially to ourselves, effects our thinking to the extent that we can literally talk ourslves into changing

i belive that this understanding appliize to our behavior as well
the intuitive assumption is that we behave the way we behave because of the kind of perskn that we are

but from another perspective it is our behavior that creates who we are, and we can change ourselves at fundamental level by making deliberate and thoughtful adjustments to our behavior

i think most people, especially on the jedi path, understand this at a basic level

but the important thing is to.understand the truth of the MECHANISM of change - that one can utilize ones behavior in a deliberate and thoughtful fashion, with a predetermined overall goal or destination,

and note specific changes of the essential self over a specific timeline

this is so obvious that i almost feel as if im wasting my words by telling everyone there is some kind of typing mechanism very near to there hands every time they post in this forum

but to have the functional grasping of this concept so that one knows how to actually draw up a life plan based on the understanding of behavior modification is a whole new ball game from simply being able to recognise it after its pointed out

the success of that plan i think depends on two principals;
small deliberate steps
and
large ambitious goals

the immediate goals dont necessarily need to be very ambitious
lets say i want to open a dojo
lets say that my idea of a dojo is that martial technique is used as the context for self actualization

good and real world effectiveness of technique is a requisite of the dojo
but the real art being taught is how to win at everything one does

so in the course of actualizing this dojo im going to need a very broad skill set
the most immediate is business related because ive got to get money and the property to get going

next i need to actually BE a winner myself

so i need to develop a plan of action and experiences that create the characteristic behavior patterns of a winner

i need to do this in a way that is functional to my personality and my individual intended path

so ive got ambitious goals
but at every point the accomplishment of those goals is broken down into small deliberate steps

such as "i need to be a high quality martial artist"
wait a minute; thats not a SMALL step hy any means
well in the context its presented in, its only one in a number of steps, so we can see how tat every point the big goals become the small steps

to delevop into this martial artist i have to do certain thing
lets say ive never formaly trained any martial art and have no real world experience of violence other thant watching ufc and listening to gangster rap

well the first general achievement is to learn some real martial arts techniques and get into good physical shape

these are holistic goals, they promote each other

and they can each be broken down into yet simpler and smaller and more immediately attainable goals, like doing ten pushups or doing one kick ten times

this may all be SOP for a lot of thepeople here
but for someone just coming into thejedi way of life this is the distilation of lifetimes worth of effort and learning

and breaking the proccess down so that a beginer can see how one small adjustment in behavior, like doing some amount of pushups every day even if its just one single push up, represents the whole proccess of attaining any goal and is a bona fide legitimate step in that attainment

to be used in conjunction with other steps deliberate actions which are equally small achievable tasks in and of themselves but work together holistically to produce a predetermined outcome
a predetermined change of ones experiencial reality

which is what im attempting to convey in this post

the "life plan" at a glance is an overwhelming prospect
its very intimidating becauase of its ambition and the effort and commitment required
and the potential pain of failing such a thing

all thse thoughts keep people from even trying
then one day they realise all the time theyve wasted bynot doing what they really wanted to do and the feeling is evenworse because the NEED to do this thing is still there but the challenge seems even less plausible now because of age and the limits ones time

so again yet another level of ovwrwhelming intimidation

so to present ths information in such a way that people can envision themselves really being able tl achieve their most genuine desires and goals

to present it so that its seen as a plausible map that will actually work

to understand the function of selectinv behavior based on predetermined criteria

is something that is core to jedi development

everyone has value

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds