GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Spiritual/Philosophical

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Spiritual/Philosophical

Divisions are fairly arbitrary and simply used to keep threads from being overwhelmed.  Just put things where you think makes the most sense to you and explain it.  There are many things that blur lines, include multiple categories, or defy categorization. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Spiritual/Philosophical

Divisions are fairly arbitrary and simply used to keep threads from being overwhelmed.  Just put things where you think makes the most sense to you and explain it.  There are many things that blur lines, include multiple categories, or defy categorization. 

I certainly agree with that

I'd add...

Philosophical basics of whys and hows for grooming your inner self. How to accept yourself as you are and build on that. Practical examples how to reach self -acceptance, -satisfaction, -love. How does more serene and complete inner world help you to be better jedi.

I must say it is best as a study of self help and not part of a required jedi curriculum. It must not be presented in a form of test that you have to proove yourself to have passed. That won't lead to really strong and meaningful changes within but focuses the whole process of change away from your inner self.

So such knowledge should be like helpful material for jedi who wish to study it rather than anything else. The benefit is worth for this knowledge being freely available.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

This would as well go under behavioral attribute but is an important philosophical concept.

Two opposite ways to approach everything in your life. Most wide spread in society is for people to consider their current knowledge and opinions as correct unless they see it to not be so. Often but people get stuck in defending their opinion and see anything stating they are wrong as an attack or insult on them.

Thinking that you know makes you rest on laurels so to speak in regards of updating your knowledge.

Instead we should consider ourselves as rather not knowing anything. It will take some philosophical and personal maturing before it becomes painless and logical but it's well worth the reward. We will eventually develop a way of approaching everything the best as we can. This gives us confidence to jump in anything without fearing being ignorant. After all what can go wrong if we do our best. As long as your life is safe, the answer is nothing. There are no failures or successes, if you succeed being open minded and good person then there is only to gain for you. New knowledge to gain and lessons to be learned.

This will connect in circle to Esoterics/Force because in my experience Force can be used to act without our mind needing to know any detail or hint about something. If your focus of Intent/Force is strong and clear you can not fail unless something more powerful intervenes in your doings.

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Spiritual/Philosophical

Please keep in mind that you are encouraged to expand on this in separate posts to help others understand your ideas and allow them to discuss them in more detail.  There's certainly plenty to discuss.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I'll do that sometime for sure. I wanted to showcase some reality behind what would otherwise be in form of:

item of list 1
item of list 2

I agree, this is not the place for discussion.

• Thank you received: 68

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: GP: Jedi Skills/Attributes: Spiritual/Philosophical

For me:

What is Jedi? 
Who am I as a Jedi?
What is my purpose in the world both as a Jedi and as a member of the human race?

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds