Picking up after Gatherings

• Thank you received: 230

Baru replied the topic: Re:Picking up after Gatherings

This is where I will politely decline furthering this conversation because I feel it could be come "argumentative".

the purpose of this thread is to discuss "personal responsibility" and integrity in honoring one's self and the land. My intention is to raise awareness around picking up after oneself and leaving the land "better than you found it" where every one is in the world.

I hope to "leave" this conversation "better than I found it". So I would like to bring it back on topic and I am happy to further any side point in a PM.

We are the Force.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 47

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan replied the topic: Re:Picking up after Gatherings

Thats fine. All I am saying is don't ask people to justify their choices if it does not affect your health or wellbeing, it is why in jedi training respect and tolerance are highly valued.

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

β€œIt's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

Baru replied the topic: Picking up after Gatherings

Butt Cans

What do you think about this idea for Arise or any large gathering?
If we can locate around 2000 can or "buckets", I could arrange to have them handed out to all of the people so that they have a place to store their cigarette butt so that they do not go into the ground and pollute our hay that our cows eat - that people consume.

Does anyone know anyone that might have connections to 2000+ cans?

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 1762

Jax replied the topic: Picking up after Gatherings

One option is to have people bring a can as a donation. Provide simple art supplies and then people can decorate the cans for fun, and then that goes into the supply of butt cans for future events (or the current one).

Baru replied the topic: Picking up after Gatherings

I like that. I am simply trying to find fun and easy ways to address this concern. that works.

Any other ideas floating around?

We are the Force.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds