Picking up after Gatherings

• Thank you received: 1762

Jax replied the topic: Re:Picking up after Gatherings

Added motivation to quit smoking eh? ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 230

Baru replied the topic: Re:Picking up after Gatherings

I would hope so. there is a lot of smell due to cigarettes.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 47

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan replied the topic: Re:Picking up after Gatherings

Yes but smoking can help mask smell. Smoke is strong and a large majority of the worlds population smoke. Lets say your in the military, lets say no body see's any lights from lighters or from the cigarette. How do you know the smoke is the enemy if most of your squad already smokes? Smoking is one of the best ways to mask the smell because such a large amount of folks smoke. When we do our tengu training I always have a smoke before we start the stealth training. Since all of the group except for 3 smoke it is very hard to use it to determine who it is because of the fact the majority of people have the same smell of smoke.

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

Are you going to use this logic to justify smoking?

We are the Force.

I don't need to justify smoking, I do it because I choose to not because anyone says I should or not. Chocolate is not good for you, saturated fats are not good for you, to much salt is not good for you, drinking alcohol is not good for you. We all do things that do not benefit our bodies, I don't need to justify my choices the same as I don't expect you to justify yours. If I choose to smoke then I choose to smoke, I don't need to justify my choice to anyone.

― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

"real" chocolate is really good for you.
Saturated fats are good for you. They are extremely healthy. Its the Unsaturated fats that are bad.
Table salt is very bad for people, but "real" salt is amazing for the body and necessary.
(The paleo and other diets focus on resetting our knowledge about food)
Alcohol can be bad if in excess. I have ready a variety of studies that state that people who live long lives past 100, usually do at least one shot of vodka or wine a day.
HFCS is the worst thing on the planet followed by cigarettes.

I am glad that you are solid in your choices.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 1762

Jax replied the topic: Re:Picking up after Gatherings

There's a lot of interesting points of view in that Baru. Be careful of what you think you know. Knowledge of food changes constantly. All studies have great limitations because you can't have true controls, as no one is the same as another. How things affect an individual can be drastically different. There are no absolutes with food or other things we ingest.

My point baru is that everything has it's benefits and it's flaws. The reason many soldiers smoke is because it is a de-stressing agent. Soldiers go through a tough time and that smoke can be the difference between breaking point. Smoking benefits me because on a busy days work and a stressful day it's my cool down time. Dig deep there is always s**t, nothing is absolute in good for you or bad for you.

― Mother Teresa

to a degree, I agree.
I am amazed at how much has changed food wise and how little our body's have. As an anthropologist who has studied "paleo" diets as presented in archeological record, I appreciate the knowing that is being rediscovered. I do find food and diets very confusion because there are too many interested parties that can gain or lose based on "fads". The science and philosophies behind "eating what we use to eat" before the industrialization of food and humans, makes sense to me. The "poor" where always more healthy than the "rich" throughout history because the poor ate real food from the land while the "rich" would drink from "Lead" cups. so very interesting. Within the confusion our bodies know what is true for it and healthy for our lives. I do find it interesting how people will justify their "bad" habits in order to continue to do them and ignore the truth.

I have a friend that is dying form cancer. I have the privilege to watch her die. she is dying from denial and from smoking cigarettes. She will not stop smoking and she will not do "Kemo" or other conventional therapies. She will not change her behaviors even to save her life or to honor those she loves.

This might come across as "intense" or opinionated but I am going through this right now. I find that interesting that people will continue to do things even when it kills them. Oh well. Such is their life and I will love and support them.

We are the Force.

Well thats the world we live in Baru especially with food.

As for how people justify their bad habits, thats not for you to comment. People don't need to justify any of their choices of habits. I choose to smoke just as someone else might choose to drink. Nobody has the right to tell anyone that it is wrong because at the end of the day you are not the one living thier life. Yes maybe smoking is not aiding the fact she has cancer, but have you ever considered it might how she is dealing with the pain? Have you ever considered that she smokes because she enjoys it and wants to enjoy that time she has left?

Not everything is black and white. Honor those she loves? thats not for anyone else to comment, she is going through a tough time and having a smoke should not be judged as dishonoring anyone. You must respect her choice and aid her in her hardship regardless if you agree with her choices or not.

I understand that it is tough watching her go through this, I understand completely as I have been through it too. But you have to remember it is not you that is suffering, it is not you that has the cancer and it isn't you who is choosing to smoke. Yes it is hard seeing a loved one go through hardship but you have to hold the hand, lend the ear and respect the choices they choose.

― Mother Teresa

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds