• spikecnx
  • spikecnx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

spikecnx created the topic: thrive

people you HAVE to watch this its.....life changing

!

spike! XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin replied the topic: Re: thrive

My uncle introduced me to the film/movement. I was already in agreement with many base concerns it presents regarding society but I am dubious of the rest and the movement at large. Movements like this and Zeitgeist place too much emphasis on FUD in their presentation. Urgency presented with an implied energy of recruitment for a distant idealistic tomorrow rather than on a tangible present day lifestyle so inspiring that the idea naturally spreads by example.

Both movements trigger the same warning flags as Scientology and other cultish entities, but that's just me. I'm not saying people shouldn't look into it. On the contrary, my investigation into The Zeitgeist Movement drastically expanded my awareness of the financial system and other muck society is sitting in. But out the other side of my investigation I doubt the nobility of their motives and the wisdom behind their way forward.

I only urge patience before investing to heavily in these films/movements with time or money. Truth that is truth will still ring in a month, there is no harm in giving things time to digest before evangelizing to the world.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• spikecnx
  • spikecnx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

spikecnx replied the topic: Re: thrive

im all for whats in the video too but i find myself wondering how much is embellished and that i shouldnt be giving them money and time unless i can see results

spike! XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustin

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin replied the topic: Re: thrive

Yeah... Foster Gamble and Peter Joseph, the minds behind Thrive and Zeitgeist, while articulate seem all message and no investment to me.

Jacque Fresco and his Venus Project are the only revolution type movement I have been tempted to contribute to and still actively check in on every once and a while. Jacque (96) is like the guy building Bishop Castle in Colorado or my grandpa who refuses to stop puttering around his property finding stuff to do. He lives and breaths his vision of the future and I can't help but admire and respect the holistic embodiment of self he represents. Luckily it looks like there are a couple of new movies for me to watch... something to listen to tonight while studying. :)

Edit: Kind of off the topic of revolution movements, but if you like Jacque you'll probably also enjoy Jamie Mantzel who is another inspirational weirdo. He lives off the grid on his little-developed property in Vermont working on his 10 foot spider robot in addition to making money by doing odd jobs around the country and making nifty robotic toys.

Both of these guys are loony but their intense energy and creativity motivate my own visions out of stagnation.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds