Crafty 'Survival'

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1826

Kol Drake created the topic: Crafty 'Survival'

I have seen these off and on over the last few years and giving it some additional thought, wondered if this might be an easy, smart 'crafty thing' we might consider 'long term' for spreading around at Gatherings.   Not so much the 'Star Wars' aspect as the 'thinking survival smart'.

http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/paracord-bracelet.html#axzz1ZybZjCr3

There are many small companies selling these (many military or ex-military who did this to pass the time between firefights) but, it is not expensive to do -- just takes some time and practice.   Seen them as wrist bands, as replacement bands for watches, lanyards, a full blown belt and even a doggy collar!

Also, with 'quick release' connectors, metal fasteners, and the 'ball and loop' method.  All are cool in their own way.  Many YouTube and Instructables videos and websites are online so, I will not 'do' a 'how to do it' production.

"In a pinch"... having some stout, reliable cording can mean you can easily pitch a fast tent, tie off a splint, hang food up away from critters, make traps...  well, use your imagination.  It *is* handy and having it as part of your normal 'wear' or clipped to a backpack or day bag just might save a life.  (That and maybe a good roll of duct tape!!!)

Just noodling...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

astasophi replied the topic: Re: Crafty 'Survival'

Yeah - I've seen them and considered having one or two (one I'd strap as an ID on my breif tote - the other on emergency kit)...  GREAT idea!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1840

Jax replied the topic: Re: Crafty 'Survival'

Since I've been learning knots for jewelry and such lately, I've been thinking about these as well.  I have paracord but not the time to learn this yet.  It is pretty neat and certainly beneficial.  If anyone decides to give it a try I'd love to see the result. :-)  I'm a big fan of crafty and beneficial!

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 249

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Crafty 'Survival'

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to say I have one of these Survival straps

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds