Time Lord wonkiness

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1868

Kol Drake created the topic: Time Lord wonkiness

Tonight on television (ABC) they had a show called "Time Machine Chef" -- where they took 4 chefs 'back in time' to force them to produce meals using the ingredients AND the materials/utensils of the time. First up was 1400s China and then 1500s England. Weird part was, they 'traveled' there using a giant refrigerator which was the 'time machine' -- all climbed inside and CGI effects later, poofed in modern times and 'landed' in the time they were shooting for.

WEIRDEST part is... just last weekend, I was doing my usual surfing and checking out some new online comic series... and came upon someone doing their version of Doctor WHO called "Bastard WHO". Bastard WHO

That's right -- there is "The Doctor" and "The Master" and this timelord is "The Bastard".... heh, who knew, right? And THIS timelord's TARDIS is in the shape of -- wait for it -- a beat up greenish Ice Box (old name for refrigerator!). So, online fan comic becomes semi reality thanks to a cooking show rip off. Gotta love the sense of humor of the Force once in a while.

:lol:

(Was considering a 'character' similar to this for Steampunk Conventions -- kind of steamy with a kilt but with the sneakers... and then saw this guy. Not sure I'm ready for his chin fuzz and sideburns but... Plus, I like his 'sonic device' since it also has a bottle opener on the bottom end.)

:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re: Time Lord wonkiness

Awesome on so many levels! Thanks Kol!

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1868

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Time Lord wonkiness

Ya... thought it was a kick. And, the creator's website also has variations on this 'variation' -- with "The Gentleman".

And since I'm waiting for the 50th Anniversary of the good Doctor to be epic... this was kind of a neat, fun thing read.

(( okay, I'm not THAT into reading countless variations of fanfic concerning 'a' Doctor falling for his latest companion... shades of the 70s with all the 'I finally got Spock to fall for me fanfic' of it's day. sheesh ))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds