Gene Wilder Passes

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake created the topic: Gene Wilder Passes

Gene Wilder, the blue-eyed, frazzle-haired actor who elevated panic to a comic art form in frequent collaboration with Mel Brooks (The Producers, Young Frankenstein) and Richard Pryor (Silver Streak, Stir Crazy), died on Sunday in Stamford, Conn., from complications from Alzheimer’s disease. His family confirmed the news to the Associated Press. Wilder was 83.

Wilder perhaps is most fondly remembered as the captivating candy man and “Pure Imagination” crooner of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Blazing Saddles, helmed by Brooks and co-written by Brooks and Pryor, and Bonnie and Clyde are two other classics among Wilder’s roughly three dozen TV and film credits.

There is so much more that could be said of his life and career. His love and loss of his wife, Gilda Radner; his classic movies and more. I saw an interview of him in his late 70s... but I shall always remember him as he was in the movies....

I was just thinking... instead of Blazing Saddles, perhaps I should have put up something from "The Frisco Kid" since he co-starred with Harrison Ford...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38

Silver Surfer replied the topic: Gene Wilder Passes

It is so sad that he passed, he was such a good actor.
One of my favorite movies is Young Frankenstein.

"I have great expectations for the future, because the past was highly overrated." -Sylvester Stallone

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin replied the topic: Gene Wilder Passes

I found this interview pretty interesting and insightful:

Saved a couple of good quotes from it:
"There's no point in doing something like this unless you're going to talk about personal things.  Personal is what's the closest thing to my heart, what matters to me?  What do I feel strongly about?  Private is names, addresses telephone numbers, what color is their hair."

"Be very careful what you want because you might get it."

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Gene Wilder Passes

Nice distinction.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds