"US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 530

Connor created the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35538361

Go to the article. It's open and has some nice interactive things going on.

What does this mean for our country? Granted, NH is known for liking the mavericks and the independents. Is this opinion shared by the majority? Does America feel the energetic shift enough to start kicking the establishment in the groin?

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

I don't feel that trump is going to be the nominee, much less President. He doesn't appeal to enough. As the Republican field shrinks we'll see his numbers top out and someone else come forward. I like that Sanders is building. I would love to see him as the nominee but am not expecting it to happen. However, the more his support grows the more Hillary has to shift his direction which is good.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

CNN said it was a money game. Those lower tiered Repubs will run out soon, I hope... And, then, that'll thin 'em out good.

As for Bernie. :)

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

Anyone but Trump. Trump scares me. If I think about him too long I start getting anxiety attacks. I really hope Jax is right about him.

*side note* The fact that Trump has gotten this far and has this many fervent supports is possibly the scarier aspect of it. How have we come to this?

Jax replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

We came to it because it required such a small number of people to have the lead. With fewer candidates it will start to change the field. The smaller the field the more dramatically it will change things. No need for anxiety in this, it's going to be ok. However, it is important that people vote. The more people who vote the harder it is for the fringe to be elected. This is even more important in local elections.

• Thank you received: 113

Setanaoko replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

You all are screaming anyone but Trump, and my war cry is anyone but Bernie. I even prefer the criminal Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders.
As for the other candidates being weeded out, I don't know, Kaisch (I'm not a fan of him either) managed to pull off getting second place in NH, when he didn't have hardly anything in Iowa. There might be fewer candidates dropping out than we think. I could see some of them just wanting to say that they made it to the end out of pure stubbornness. Gilmore will probably drop- who's Gilmore? I've not even heard of him til now.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

Why no Bernie, Seta? :(

We've had a lot drop, but yes, many will remain hoping that a smaller field gives them more traction.

• Thank you received: 113

Setanaoko replied the topic: "US Election 2016: Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire"-BBC

I'm going to sound a bit cliche here, especially since I don't believe in voting along your party lines if there is a better candidate, but I am totally a Republican.
I don't believe in free tuition for college, I believe you need to earn it. If your business wants to send you to college, or you are a public servant (Police, EMS, Firefighter, Military, Peace Corps, etc) I'm all for it. You've earned it. If you get good grades and can get a scholarship, you've earned it through hard work. We need more emphasis on cultivating grade school. Fortunately, Obama did move in a direction that will hopefully rectify that.
I'm not fond of many of his policies, but if I was- I would have no confidence what-so-ever in his ability to get any of pushed through. I do, however, have confidence in Hillary's ability, which is exactly why I prefer her over Bernie. If the ticket somehow became Hillary v. Kaisch, and I can't find a decent Independent, I'd vote Hillary- hands down. If it somehow became Bernie v. Kaisch....I'd make a real effort to find an Independent...or I'd write one in. Hillary v. anyone else, not sure. I'll have to look into them real close. I'm not even 100% sure I'd vote for Trump if he gets the ticket. But I am tending to lean more towards him in the Republican bill. We'll find out.

I think that's fair logic Setanaoko. I may not agree with everything, but that's not a surprise. lol I'm a progressive through and through. I still think we're going to have Hillary as the nominee, but Bernie's rise is going to push her far more progressive than she expected. But ultimately it comes down to congress, which scares me. The gerrymandering has really made that non-reflective of our country.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds