The Great Jedi Holocron

• Thank you received: 153

Brian created the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

This book was quite expansive, nearly 1900 pages. It is a training manual for the Jedi Realist and it includes journal posts from Jedi Websites, excerpts from books and articles. It covers nearly everything across the field of Jedi Realism and forms the basis of good entrance into the field of Jedi Realism. It took me several months to read, not merely because it is lengthy but also because it is also redundant. For example, when discussing the Jedi Code, it gives several points of view from different journal posts which tend to be repetitive.

It also covers the various different aspects of Jedi Realism, from the so-called light Jedi to the Shadow Jedi to the dark Jedi and even Sithism. Some of the journal entries cited by dark Jedi and Sith I found disturbing. The Holocron not only covers the Jedi Code but the Sith Code as well.

The book also discusses Jedi virtues. It lists morality, honesty, forgiveness, self-esteem, humility, service, compassion, diplomacy, leadership, loyalty, patience, detachment and heroicy as some Jedi virtues. Again, there are many journal entries cited on how Jedi feel about these virtues.

The book discusses The Force, including differing ideas about The Force such as the personal Force, the unifying Force and the living Force. It also discusses the science of the Force and how quantum physics may prove the existence of the Force.

The Holocron goes into depth about the many different religions of the world. The citations come from people who view Jedi Realism through the lens of such world religions as Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Taoism.

The book goes into the origins of Jedi Realism. It also discusses the fictional history form the Star Wars Universe.

It talks about Yoga and chakras. Also, Chi' Kung and Wai Dan. There are illustrations on how to do such exercises which are very useful.

I t also talks about magic and Jedi powers which I found very interesting. And finally, it talks about good nutrition and healthy living. All in all, a very comprehensive and worthwhile read.

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 80

Taijibum replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

I liked it also. I think the community needs a shorter manual though. 100 pages of quick training in meditation, sword, philosophy, and history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Thank you received: 1840

Jax replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

It was meant to simply compile a lot of the writings at the time. It is a sampling. But we've also grown a lot since then, so I would hope this book isn't being treated like the bible of the Jedi path or anything. ;-)

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

I love this book. I got lucky and was able to print it off at school. I bound it and I continue to use it as a reference.

I am wondering, does anyone know if this book has been "updated" at all since the new books like path of jedi and book of sith have been published.

I do think it is a very complete and fun read.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 80

Taijibum replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

I don't think it will get updated by the same people who did the first version. Like Jax said, it was a compilation of articles and website threads. If an update is going to be made it will be made by the new generation.

Jax replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

A lot of those people aren't even around anymore. It's very old relative to the age of the community at large, and it's rather rare for people to stick around.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

We have made a lot of progress in communicating the ideas they were trying to get across.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

I am glad that this is a living school. So what this group of people responsible for that book? do you feel that it is still a good reference? do you think any of the new Jedi canon books drew from this booK.

Thank you all who contributed to this book. I have enjoyed reading it and I just dug it back up to review it.

We are the Force.

Jax replied the topic: Re:The Great Jedi Holocron

There's almost zero chance cannon drew on this. It isn't a published book. It's merely a compilation of part of the jedi community of the time. I was around then and knew very few of these people. They were from sites that don't exist anymore or who have also changed over the years.

When I read this it just feels outdated and young compared to what has been learned in the last 10 years. But that's my opinion. If someone finds it useful, that's great! That's why various sources are helpful. Everyone resonates with different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Dogan Nar II
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Thank you received: 11

Dogan Nar II replied the topic: The Great Jedi Holocron

After all of my computer losses and such, I'm not sure whether I still have a copy of the GJHU. I've read most if not all of the Holocron over much time and would love to be able to read it again and learn things that I've lost over the years. The links I've found to it are dead. Does anyone have a copy or know where to find one?

The Force will be with you, always
jljedilife.blogspot.com/

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds