DAWN OF THE JEDI

• Taijibum
  • Taijibum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Wannabe
  • Thank you received: 80

Taijibum created the topic: DAWN OF THE JEDI

This was actually the first comic series I bought as an adult so the book seemed like a good idea. The book details Lenoree and her relationship with her brother. It is written with flashbacks in every chapter which I usually find annoying, this time I didn't. I liked the brother/sister plot, the tie-ins with Jedi lore, and the insights into ancient Jedi practices. What I didn't like was how immature Lenoree was written. She is supposed to be in her 20's I think, but perhaps this book was written for teens? Or maybe I am just getting old.

I also loved the non-lightsaber sword wielding. It made me want to go practice Iaido. :lightsaber

This isn't really a review because I didn't want to give away any spoilers. It is worth the read if you are really into Star Wars universe Jedi lore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Johannes (Yoshio), Asta Sophi, shea (shlomit)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: DAWN OF THE JEDI

I am in the process of reading this book. What I enjoy is the oooold method of training, of traveling to different temples for training, etc. I would love to see that incorporated into our world/generation. I'm only half through so I won't say too much yet. This is a book that hits my desire for training information though, so if you are into that, I think you'll enjoy this book.

• Thank you received: 92

shea (shlomit) replied the topic: DAWN OF THE JEDI

I loved it so much.
Lenoree may not be the perfect heroin but her journey is still amazing. Mostly I loved how the world of Tython was written. :-)

..."Paper is dead without words
Ink idle without a poem
All the world dead without stories
Without love and disarming beauty

Careless realism costs souls"....(-Nightwish)

:-)
I find the idea of light and dark being a little...I don't want to say immature but it doesn't really resonate as truth for me. So it feels like an immature understanding of the Force. But it's not that bad in the end and I can go with it for the story.

• Thank you received: 92

shea (shlomit) replied the topic: DAWN OF THE JEDI

I think the writer took a lot of inspiration from SWTOR rather then understanding what is behind the story of Star Wars. But it also seems like the time he write about is when the Jedi order has just formed. So they wouldn't have the understanding we know from the movies or cartoons. :-)

..."Paper is dead without words
Ink idle without a poem
All the world dead without stories
Without love and disarming beauty

Careless realism costs souls"....(-Nightwish)

Yeah, and that's why I let it slide. :-) I'm almost done now. Full disclosure I'm doing the audiobook. :-)

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 249

Memnoich replied the topic: DAWN OF THE JEDI

I am also doing the audio book for this. I have always had an affinity for the Je'daii, as I feel they are our next step. We are just one scholars and mystics researching the Force, and we are growing towards this incarnation. The idea of several temples, focused on the different areas of training is something I see us doing, and want to help build, though the 2 years journey between all 9 temples, seems short for what is supposed to be accomplished at each, but the idea of the journey and training seems important to me. I can see the different temples being built in Colorado and setting up for the Padawans journey, The Great Journey.

Once done, I'll try to write a non-spoiler report, as is, I'm working on a report on Tales of the Jedi as well.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

I just finished it. I enjoyed it overall and hope to see more books. But with Disney, I don't know. There's a preview for the next book at the end though.

I too enjoy the idea of journeying to different temples. While it seems short, they do a lot of training before then as well. So I would love to see, in my lifetime, people getting to journey to California, Oregon, Utah, and off to the east... and discussed having a challenge coin for each temple or praxeum as well. It would be a neat token.

I would love to see people with a greater metaphysical understanding write Jedi books.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds