So what happened?

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1828

Jax created the topic: So what happened?

Alright folks. As you saw, we were hacked. A very awesome person from Morova fixed us up and added a firewall. He updated everything as well. But that means the look of our forum is very different. I will work on updating the templates as soon as I can.

The site was restored from a backup, then cleaned and secured. I don't think we lost any posts, but can't guarantee that. I still have to verify we didn't lose any members. If any of this occurred, I apologize. I grew complacent with updating modules because i feared it would break the site. Whoops! In the end it's much easier to find a template than to clean up from a hack. Lesson learned.

For now, dive in. Be patient with the layout. I'll be finding something better today as I can. And if anyone wants to contribute to the fund for cleaning up our website that is always welcome. haha (It was only $100 though, which is a great deal for all they did.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: So what happened?

As you can see, I updated the forum theme. It's not ideal but it is kind of interesting.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

It's also likely you are getting an error when you submit a post or reply. I have a ticket in, but at least the posts are still posting. So that's something.

Also, when you reply it's the quick reply. But if you click on the down arrow for Action you will get options for a normal reply (with all the formatting options)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Just an FYI, I have had my nephew in town so got behind on this. I will hopefully have the old forum template back within a few days. And I've updated my support ticket about the error we all get upon post submission so hopefully they can look into it very soon.

Thank you for your patience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat), Sam Thift

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds