• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1822

Jax created the topic: Fundraising for IJRS

Hello Jedi!
It's the time of year when we renew our domain name. We also have monthly costs to keep this site on the internet and stable. Since I'm now self employed and still building up my business, I'm asking for some help on the financial side of things. I have paid for this website for almost a decade now. I've had some help thanks to generous members, of which I'm grateful. At this point we don't quite meet our monthly needs from donations. Since I haven't paid my mortgage for May it's hard for me to keep covering it until things pick up (which I believe is very soon).

We have two options. You can do a one time donation via paypal to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (It's separate from my personal stuff and I have the monthly fees coming directly from that account for simple accountability). Or we have a monthly subscription option which you can always stop in the future. The link is on the home page ( instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/ ). Any assistance, even a dollar or two is appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1407

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Fundraising for IJRS

Hey Jax!
Thanks for letting us know, I will send something along your way to night or tomorrow and hope it helps. As last time, I will do it as a one time payment as in this way it is easier for me to calculate things. If it is not enough at the end of the day, please let me know and I will see what I can do for You and the IJRS in addition. :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1822

Jax replied the topic: Fundraising for IJRS

Thank you Yoshio. One time donations are always helpful!
Here are our costs.
Monthly: $24.95 for the hosting
Yearly: $22.50 for our domain name
We receive $5 a month in donations at this point. So the need isn't very high, but it makes a difference to me and my family. :-)

For those thinking hosting cost is high, we pay for quality. We had a bargain host in the past and they deleted our entire site, without warning and with no ability to restore it after there was a billing confusion. That was incredibly challenging for us and we refuse to have that happen again. So we pay more for better service and reliability. And they've always done a great job with that for us.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds