Yoshio is out of office

• Thank you received: 10

Simon replied the topic: Yoshio is out of office

I hope that you get well soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: Yoshio is out of office

Blessings on your recovery.

We are the Force.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1433

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Yoshio is out of office

It took me longer than I thought and actually I'm still on a sick leave but at least I'm doing fine enough to get back to a sort of daily routine.

The surgery went well and now I'm in the process of healing which normally takes, according to the doctor, up to three months and only after six month I will be allowed to start overhead activities and sports such as volleyball etc. again. This is difficult for me as I'm not the world's most patient guy and our little one also doesn't make it easier to "sit still". ;)
But I'm doing okay and heal and that is the most important right now.
Many thanks for all your well wishes!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Simon

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1846

Kol Drake replied the topic: Yoshio is out of office

Glad the surgery went well.
Yes, healing takes time... and... effort.
Here is hoping you get full range of motion back in the coming months.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Many thanks Kol Drake! I'm working on healing and getting back full range of motion.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 10

Simon replied the topic: Yoshio is out of office

I hope you get well soon!

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Thank You Simon for your wishes!

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

First of all I'm very sorry for being inactive again and dropping out somewhat without any note. But it seems like the Force has some different ideas for me and don't want me getting back into a sort of daily routine.
As for my shoulder, I'm recovering well and I'm positive about that soon I can go back to work.
But about two weeks ago our family expanded surprisingly in the way that my wife gave birth to our son already. He had been exactly two month early but the most important thing is that both are doing fine and he is coming along and coping with the situation nicely.
But that also means that my wife has to stay with him in the hospital till he can get released from it which I do not expect to happy soon. My current feeling and guess is that they have to stay in the hospital for another two weeks at least.
Because of that I'm now a somewhat single fulltime father with a little one at home who is recognising that things are not as usual and that mommy is not at home but not yet old enough to understand why. This makes her very easily upset, angry and sad. But I do my best to make the time for her as fun and comfortable as possible.
This all means that my personal "me time" is very limited and I hardly find the time nor the energy to check the board and go back to my tasks here. I'm very sorry for that and all I can do is to ask for your patience and understanding. As soon as things are getting back to normal, which, unfortunately, might not happen before October as in September my parents-in-law do come for a four week visit, I will let you all know.

Till then, all of you take care and stay well and let the Force guide you on your individual Paths!

NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Simon

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1846

Kol Drake replied the topic: Yoshio is out of office

Wow. Babys decide when they are going to pop out... they have that kind of 'magic' about them.
Two months early? Again... wow. They will keep the wee one 'in hospital' until the threshold for lung development is reached. That is the usual 'tricky line' those last few weeks of development.

Being a single parent for this stretch?
Yep, even babies know when things aren't as they should be. This is when YOUR ability to stay calm, balanced and 'raditating safe-ness' is put to the test. This is also a nice bit of bonding time for the two of you.

Hang in there.
Best wishes for the wife and new bundle and you and the 'firsty' at home.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Just a short up-date here from my side.
I feel positive about that by beginning of next week to be back to the IJRS and my daily working routine. I just finished my rehab and went back to my office job yesterday. The rehab has helped to improve my shoulder condition and, although I’m not yet fully happy and satisfied, I know that I should and can be happy with what I have gained back already. I can fully rotate my arm in all directions without pain and only some “trickier” movements do still give me some troubles and pain wise I only feel my shoulder when I do some “strange” twisting movements or am using too much strength. So, I guess, the rest is now up to time and giving my shoulder the chance to keep healing and improving.

As for my family and our situation. By now my wife and our little boy are back home. Both are doing fine and the little one is developing and gaining weight nicely. We had already two doctor appointments since the release from hospital and at the last one the doctor said that he is now showing the same conditions as a “normal” born three month old baby.
So, also there are still a lot of things which we need to organise and focus on, by now we have our normal family life back.
My parents-in-law are here for a visit now which is a big help for us as it means that, as I’m now back to work, my wife is not alone at home with the two children.

So, all in all we are doing fine and I do hope that the rest of this year presents itself a bit calmer than it did in the past.

Once again, sorry for my lack of participation and long-time absence, but I should be fully back now.

NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds