A summer Academy experiment

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: A summer Academy experiment

By maybe bringing some unique perspectives?
By maybe helping to explain some basic or more adept concepts?
I am not sure of what exactly.

I can be a great teacher if I put my Intent to work for that and I certainly am that if the flow of Force brings someone to me in a right time, for a right reason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re: A summer Academy experiment

I think we have that covered. I'm worried that your experience is too much on esoterics that are confusing and well beyond what a beginner needs to know about at this level.  Also, this needs to remain an experiment in how the Academy works for the faculty as well as the student.    That requires a different mindset and communication style that many don't have - or a style of learning and teaching that some don't enjoy.  It's why there are many experienced, intelligent Jedi but not many faculty.  I appreciate the offer though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

That's my problem. I need extensive bridging and teaching to even get some of my mundane posts across.
It might be a lesson for me to explain some more simpler things in regards of larger perspective without getting into the arcane.

Then I'd have to imagine how would the world be for someone not feeling, seeing the energies around every day.
A challenge. I've forgotten this world. I will never get back to it. But mind is not limited, and I could use the lesson.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I agree, but the courses is not the place to get that training.  Students are expecting (rightfully) to have an instructor who is knowledgeable and able to convey that knowledge to them in a reasonably clear manner.  Learning to communicate concepts is best done on the forums or working with someone one on one where you can get feedback and adjust without being a detriment to someone else's training.  Many of the faculty here have teaching and leadership experience offline.  It's not an easy skill to learn which is why we don't expect everyone to do it.  Don't feel badly if it's not a skill you have.  It has to be trained just like anything else.

• Stryse
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.
  • Thank you received: 86

Stryse replied the topic: Re: A summer Academy experiment

The intro course requirement is there because it is a requirement for any Academy training.  I understand the lack of desire to do it - I've been there too.  But I currently feel the need to review, which is what I'm doing.  If it doesn't feel right, definitely not something to push through.  Review has its purpose, but it also has its time. 

I don't consider myself particularly beginner either.  (I've been at this, what, almost two decades now?  sounds like an 'advanced practicioner' to me...)    However, its a pre-req for anything here at IJRS, so I gleefully went through the material anyway.  Just so happens I learned something about myself, as a result of the course, that I didn't quite consciously realize... (not to mention made a new astral friend.)    There is a certain wisdom in walking paths quite familiar to you already.  If for no other reason, then to re-evaluate that material from a position of greater growth and evolution than one possessed the first time through it.

Also, if one has it in their mind to contribute to future course development here, it is kind of a necessity that they familiarize themselves with what is already available.  New courses will build on what's already been done.  So that's another perspective one could take with going through material they feel they already have well covered.

Anyway, Jax already knows this, but to formaly declare it for the rest of you... I've agreed to postpone any additional IJRS courses via self-paced study to participate in this experiment, and am really looking forward to taking these starter meditation and force studies courses with those of you taking part in Phase I.  Intro 101 was a lot of fun to go through, and I trust its setting the tone for everything else to follow... so this should be a good time as well as a good learning experience.

Stryse
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Don't feel badly if it's not a skill you have.  It has to be trained just like anything else.

I am fine, but thanks for concern. :D

I guess you know what's the best for this.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Best? No, but it is my experiment and I need to have a few key conditions for it to tell me what I need to know for the last half of the year and going forward. 

• Thank you received: 1436

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: A summer Academy experiment

I would like to sign in for both phases.
As You know from my blog, I have done both courses from phase one not to long ago and so it would be of quite some interest for me to see what I have learned and put to practice from them.
For phase two I'm currently working on Personal 101 and I'm somewhere in the middle of the material. So I guess it would be best to set it aside and continue working on it when it is on schedule for this experiment!?
Communication will be completely new to me and had been on my PLP as one of the next things anyway.
Once again, it seems to me that the Force just have brought to me things which I would need.  :meditate

A funny side note! It was just the other day that I thought by myself that I do miss in a way the class work type of training/study. I did like the discussions we had in former times and in a way to work in a class keeps me better on track than do it self paced.

So, if possible, please sign me in for both phases.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: A summer Academy experiment

Feedback and we haven't even started! Thanks Yoshio, I think that is one of the many reasons we are having this experiment.  I have always enjoyed your replies, so I look forward to your contributions this summer!

Phoenix

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1868

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: A summer Academy experiment

Even those with decades of meditation and esoteric studies under their belt can glean some bits of insight with the intro... if they are willing to open their minds and eyes and look at the exercise in a certain way.  It allows enough leeway to take some bits 'with a twist' and let's someone break out of their entrenched habits and look at themselves in a new light.  So, well worth the time and effort even for long time 'explorers'.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds