Help the Institute without extra work :-)

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1833

Jax created the topic: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

Hi all!  With the holiday season quickly approaching I'd like to remind everyone that is using Amazon to buy things to use our referral link.  This will give us a percentage of the sale (typically 4%) which will help offset the cost of keeping this site running. The process is very easy.  Simply use this link to get to Amazon and search for what you'd like.  Almost anything you buy will then be credited to us as the referrer.  As an alternative you can buy things in our bookstore .  In the end the commission is the same and it costs you nothing more than you were already spending.  Of course, if you want to donate directly to support the Institute, that's fine as well. :-)

Thanks. You can now return to your normal Jedi activities. /end commercial  :redface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 451

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

I was just sitting here reading this post and my mom asked me about Christmas stuff...I just told her about the referral link. Did you ever get that 4% from the last time I used it Jax? 

If you did, I'm going to keep telling my family and friends about it...the more, the merrier right? (aka, thank god for facebook)

Phoenix

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

I think so.  I didn't look at the history in detail. The way it works is we get a payout when it reaches $10.  I know right now it's sitting at about $3 from my order last month, and I think we got a payment before that so it should have credited.  So I know it works.  The big exceptions are major electronics purchases I think.  Also, if we get more purchases our commission increases so that's nice as well.  My problem is I often just type amazon.com into my browser. :-P  Thanks Phoenix!

• Thank you received: 523

Atticus replied the topic: Re: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

The big exceptions are major electronics purchases I think.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to work through the Institute bookstore, nor do purchases through Amazon from some third-party vendors.  The other speed bump I've found is if you're purchasing a gift from someone's wish list -- I haven't figured out to get there from the bookstore.  You can buy through IJRS and then go back to the wish list and mark it off, but if you don't have a physical address for the recipient and were planning to use the wish list address, that won't fly.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I wasn't sure how that worked, Atticus. Thanks for the clarification from your experiences.  It's not a perfect system, but it's nice to get a little kick back at least. :-)

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Re: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

The other speed bump I've found is if you're purchasing a gift from someone's wish list -- I haven't figured out to get there from the bookstore.

While in the bookstore, look on the right side for the grey box that says Amazon Search.  That will take you to full regular Amazon.  At the top of the Amazon page should be an option to view Gifts & Wishlists.  Amazon supposedly tracks where you came from so that even gifts you purchase from someone's wishlist gets credited to IJRS, but I'm not sure how well this work or if the credit always comes through.

Zen-Ryo

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

• Thank you received: 0

Vin replied the topic: Re: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

I just bought a couple of books through the link. Is there any way to know if it worked? The address bar didn't say anything specific.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I can always look it up but no, you can't tell otherwise.  As long as you use the link or the bookstore it'll work though.  Wish lists, who knows. lol  I'll look if I get the chance.  But it seems to work pretty well.  Thanks everyone!

• Thank you received: 1423

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: Help the Institute without extra work :-)

Does it work for over-seas as well?
But anyway I will give it a try on the weekend.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I do see a few orders on the account.  I think there's a delay, and it specifies items shipped vs purchased.  Thanks everyone!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds