PLP Guidance

• Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)
  • Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25

Jared Ritchey (Fezzik) created the topic: PLP Guidance

I have completed the introductory course exercises, and the end says to post here asking for help from a faculty member. This is me doing that. :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1344

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: PLP Guidance

So, what do You want to know and how can we be of help?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)

Jared Ritchey (Fezzik) replied the topic: Re:PLP Guidance

Here is what I have so far, please let me know if I'm on the right track.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16IRebLwA7lD69yMwGeOMcOheNthUGUYMRxcAvOLeU4A/edit?usp=docslist_api

I guess my question is about acceptable activities for the Integrative Practice Hours. Not knowing anything about the class system other than just reading the titles in the flow chart, I think I want to pursue the Diplomat path, as I really enjoy working with people, and get a sense of fulfillment out of working through Crisis situations. I already have some training and certification in Crisis Intervention through the local Police Department.

So, for Activities. I already go to the gym several times a week (I shoot for 5, though that doesnt always work out, usually between 3 and 5), so I'm sure that I can use that for the Physical Fitness aspect.

For Service, I work full time (40 hours a week for the last 6 years) at a homeless shelter, but since that is paid work, I'm not sure it would technically count towards volunteer hours, but it could maybe count towards the "leadership/organizational role for a group." I also am a pastor for my church (licensed minister, but a non-paid position), which usually takes up 3-4 hours of active work with the group (not counting study and lesson plans)

For Education, I have studied 13 or 14 (I would have to get an up-to-date copy of my transcript) courses through The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) which is a seminary level (though non-aaccredited) Christian school specializing in training urban missionaries. I have credits in Christian Ministry, Biblical Studies, Urban Mission, and Theology and Ethics. I know the first two won't necessarily apply, but I think that the Urban Mission and Theology and Ethics classes would be applicable to the Jedi Path.

So, I guess I'm just trying to find out what of that I can put to Integrative Practice and what I can't, and I'm just waiting to hear back from Jax about my next courses.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 523

Atticus replied the topic: Re:PLP Guidance

I don't see any problem with any of the activities you have listed. You're right, the paid hours are not actually volunteer work, but perhaps you could write up ten hours or so that you have done something specific in an organizational or leadership capacity that somehow directly relates back to your Jedi Path?

Those courses sound fascinating. ")

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)

What about an event we had towards the end of October, where I was in charge of overseeing volunteers for building a children's playground?

Also, should I track down a transcript for the classes as proof? I remember seeing something about a 500 word report, would that be sufficient? The classes also required a 5 page exegetical report and a ministry project. And yes, they're VERY fascinating. :-)

• Thank you received: 1344

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: PLP Guidance

Unfortunately I cannot check Google Docs from work due to safety settings. But from what You wrote and the input from Atticus, I think it should be okay.
As for reports, You can do either a direct report or, as many of us do, start a PTD (Personal Training Diary) over at the according section and do your "progress report" in there. In general keeping a PTD is a good idea as it helps to keep track of one's progress on the Path.
Once You are happy with your PLP and Atticus is fine with it too, please make sure to post it as an attachment to your Introduction Course Thread (preferable as a word file).

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus, Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)

• Jared Ritchey (Fezzik)

Will do!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds