How long for Intro course?

• Nova Starfire
  • Nova Starfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • "Your focus determines your reality"
  • Thank you received: 77

Nova Starfire created the topic: How long for Intro course?

I was just wondering if there was a timeframe to finish the Intro course? :thanks

"The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts"

-Marcus Aurelius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1762

Kol Drake replied the topic: How long for Intro course?

*taps his hourglass* You aren't done yet? :stars

Seriously, take whatever time you feel YOU need to read a lesson / do the exercise (or writing thing) and posting it. Some folks have VERY busy lives and they can only take time out for their Jedi studies in small snippets... and that's okay. We here always say, Real Life comes first. So, if you have classes or work or a family or any combination of all those.... they take priority. We have had folks finish the Intro course in a couple of weeks and some it's taken a month or more... because 'life'.

Meditation is an ongoing thing so there is no 'done' with that one. You will learn to 'make time' as time comes available... or you re-arrange your time to 'make time'. Some lessons are done in a snap; others take some self examination and noodling to get it all squared in your own head before setting 'pen to paper'. *shrugs* This is not like Luke getting tossed / crash landed in the swamps of Dagobah where you might only have a couple weeks of training before feeling you have to go jetting off to rescue some princess or scoundrel...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nova Starfire

• Thank you received: 1761

Jax replied the topic: How long for Intro course?

The instructors typically ask that you post just one assignment at a time, giving them time to respond before moving on. But if you don't get a response in two days send me a private message. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 523

Atticus replied the topic: How long for Intro course?

That's a really good question. Like Kol said, it's really dependent on how much time you have. The assignments are going to get a little more in depth as you go through, so we expect you'll want to take some time and contemplate your responses.

That said, I have to apologize to you. I meant to respond to your first two assignments last night after you posted them, but I had a little real life of my own that got in the way. I'll head over there now, though.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds