Keep up the with the work

• Thank you received: 33

inari created the topic: Keep up the with the work

Dearest students,

We've had a number of new students sign up recently and begin work on the Introductory document. I'd like to encourage ALL of you, those who have just begun and those who began a number of weeks ago to keep up with your work. It is too easy to forget or put it off until later, I know, but we're not going to be giving you personal reminders to do your work. We consider you to be adults, and as such you will need to develop in yourself the will to continue. If you really want to be a Jedi, you'll move ahead with it, if there are other priorities, so be it.

It may give you incentive to continue when I tell you that the Communication 101 and Meditation 101 workbooks will not be made available to you until we are satisfied with your Intro work.

Regards,

Inari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1761

Jax replied the topic: Re: Keep up the with the work

As further clarification, all students must complete the intro course, including the Personal Learning Plan, before taking any other courses. 

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: Keep up the with the work

Is it possible for you to list here all the courses that are available or will be available in the near future so that I can do my Personal Plan? I am unsure which ones there are. And do we have to take all the courses or only those that we are interested in? Curious.

Additionally, I know I emailed this to you but maybe you can answer it here so it is clarified for everyone- Are those hours listed for integrated practice per month, per year?

Thank you.

inari replied the topic: Re: Keep up the with the work

The hours for integrated practice are for each level of training. The initial 100 hrs is for the first level only. More are required for subsequent levels.

We are having a bit of a restructure at the moment, plus several of the courses are still in development. We don't tend to make 'deadlines' for this work, we have work on writing as we can, so it is difficult and very likely to be inaccurate to give timelines for when courses will be available. I recommend that you remain flexible with regards to scheduling courses to be finished by so-and-so, and look to be more structured in other areas of your personal plan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: Keep up the with the work

Okay, I think that I understand now. Is it okay if I submit my personal plan to you, Inari, for preview? I was just wondering what was available now and in the near future so that then I could put them in the plan but I could do a plan and then add them in as they are available. Yes?

As for the Integrated Practice hours, just so I am understanding this correctly, once we hit 100 hours we are considered an adept or are we an adept before that? The same with the 500 hours.

inari replied the topic: Re: Keep up the with the work

Yes you may submit your plan to me (email is good). No you are not considered an adept when you have hit 100 hrs, it is one of the requirements, along with the required coursework.

• Thank you received: 1761

Jax replied the topic: Re: Keep up the with the work

Good questions.  The integrative practice are for the adept level (roughly 2 years).  They can of course be accomplished more quickly than that, and more hours can be logged.

As for courses, I'm working on that currently.  At the moment Personal 101, Meditation, and Communication 101 are all available.  We have a few more classes that are very close to completion, and I'm checking with the authors to see when they are ready for release.  When a new course is available I will post the information.

For the PLP, I typically focus on what class the student wants to take next.  It isn't required to take every class, especially when the student has prior experience.  I tend to focus more on goal setting.  I will work with the faculty to write up a PLP document that has everything in it that I look for in a PLP so there isn't as much guessing to it.  

Thanks for the questions.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds