Memnoich's Dojo

• Memnoich
  • Memnoich's Avatar Topic Author
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 249

Memnoich replied the topic: Memnoich's Dojo

I came across this photo today and it made me think about our goal here, what we are hoping to achieve. I myself don't feel I'll ever become the Jedi that I envision we will one day have. I have always talked about us being in our infancy, we are sowing seeds, and this picture and proverb, so greatly encapsulate what I see us doing. We are planting the seeds of a great tree of knowledge, training, and understanding that one day, with care and nourishment, will grow into a great tree, set to shade and protect those that come under its boughs. We may have to help shape it, trim the branches, remove the dead wood, weed the area, but if we stay persistent, one day it will become something great, though we may not be around to see it come to fruition.
With this, I'm now going to make a stronger effort to use this journal to continue to document my path. Copies will be here as well as on my wordpress blog, The Serenity of Memnoich along the Jedi Path .

Training
I have continued to read up on survival train, mostly books, but also online sites and videos. this of course while helpful for Jedi training, is mostly a hobby of mine.
While my Paleo diet has slipped back into a mostly Gluten free diet, I still feel good, though I definitely know when I do get some gluten in my diet. Once Tia's Girls go back at the end of Summer, we are going to try going back to Paleo, as it is, having the girls here its hard to do even the gluten free as they aren't used to it, though we are trying to compromise with them and getting them to try it. I don't think we will be able to get them to the point of a full 30 days gluten free so they can actually see the benefits, but we are trying.
I need to get back into the habit of going to the gym at lunch. With my job promotion, and all the projects I've been given, getting away to eat lunch has been near impossible, let alone running to the gym, but I think that's the reason my backaches and headaches are back, that and my lack of energy at night.
Things in my life have slowed down some, so I'm going to attempt to finish up the meditation course starting next week, hopefully this time I will finish it. I just need to stay focused and set aside time for it. Heck, I need to schedule time with myself, lol.

Personal
I have joined a local Mushroom hunting group just starting, trying to help get it started, so far we are doing good. It's actually a wonderful story about synchronicity. I had posted to the Colorado Jedi Facebook page about wanting to start doing some foray's into the mountains for Mushrooms. About 2 weeks after I started looking into what it would take to get a group going, I happened to be walking out of a gas station and the "thrifty nickle" newspaper caught my eye, it had an add for a new mushroom lovers group starting up, with a number to call to find out about the first meeting. The group has now had 3 meetings, we have a Colorado Mushroom expert coming in next month to do a guided foray into the mountains, and are in the planning stages of a camping trip for August. So far, it's doing good.
I've recently been promoted at my job that has made more of a demand on my time, so I'm having to learn how to re-juggle things and balance out home life with work life. The fun that comes from this is the ability to do more and learn more about what I love.
I've been working a lot more around the house, trying to get the old homestead up for the summer. I have so many plans for the place, gardens, greenhouse's, porch's, and several other additions, it might take a few years, but here's hoping. Along with it, my Girlfriend and I have started going through our finance's, trying to see where we can trim so we can start putting a little more away each month and try and save up to buy some cheap land, hopefully before it gets too expensive. Actually was looking the other day and found a 101 acres for $45k down around Alamosa Colorado, it would be interesting to be able to pick up that much land for that cheap. I wonder if that's the area Jax's guides had in mind, it was mountainous, had creeks and ponds, not sure about a lake, but wide open area. It's out in the boonies, no utilities, so it would require off-grid living quarters, but if we could finance it now, it would make a great place to start with, for doing gatherings, from there slowly build up the buildings and facilities, and begin construction of the Praxeum. Hmm, interesting thought, I wonder if there are enough Jedi willing to help with a Kickstarter/crowd funding campaign for something like that. That's for another day I think.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re:Memnoich's Dojo

I haven't been to alamosa yet so who knows. Lol :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Memnoich

New year, New leaf!

So trying again, I just don't do a lot of blogging, not much time, and I'm kind of a private person, but I'm trying. So basically, I'm trying to goto the gym on my lunch hour again, trying to get back to Paleo from Gluten free, and have started doing Kenpo. At this point I'm 2 weeks into it and feel I'm getting it. They say it'll take about 10 weeks to get to Yellow, so I have some time. It helps that my son and new wife are doing it as well.
I have looked at first aid/CPR class locally, and it looks like it might be just a bit. With the wife out of work and going back to school, finance's are a little tight, but I'm going to see if I can't pull off the class before the end of the year.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Memnoich's Dojo

Some really hot water and one bottle of 'sunshine gold' Ritz dye and you'd have that yellow belt in no time at all ! :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich

• Memnoich

Ok, so I'm kinda failing, but I have been keeping a blog at the Gathered Force Community, so maybe that counts? :ponder
Anyways, here was my latest blog post:

Focus
Recently I was at my Kenpo class with my wife trying to practice my techniques, when my wife kept breaking into my concentration and bringing up things that could have been left till later. Her excuse was that if she didn’t tell me then she would forget. This made me think about the importance of Focus, and the consequences for the lack thereof. You see when we start a class, I’m not sure if all classes do, but I’m sure they are supposed to, we meditate for a few seconds. The idea being to drop the day behind us, to lose any negative and/or distracting thoughts, so that we may focus on the class, and on practice. This I try to do.

My wife has problems, she can be quite scatterbrained. She’ll come home in in 5 minutes forget where she put her keys. I don’t write about this to call her out or embarrass her, it’s to point out something. Often times she has her mind on so many things that even the simplest things get forgotten. She has trouble focusing on anything other than reading. I’ve been trying to work with her, as it’s the problem of a jack of all trades, you are master of none. In Kenpo, she doesn’t focus, she’s thinking about her college classes, her mother’s complaints of the day, what she’s going to do after class, and so many other things that when she goes through a line of 5 people, she’s already forgotten what she’s supposed to be practicing.

In this day and age we have so many distractions, so many things fighting for our attention, from the 200+ worthless TV channels, to the hundreds of phones apps, to the constant barrage of ads, pop-ups, flyers, junk mail, and spam, it’s no wonder we have people with problems paying attention and focusing. We try so hard to multitask, reading while watching TV, and heck let’s throw some music in their while we are at it. We have forgotten how to slow down, how to unwind and enjoy. We multi-task because life is now at a break neck pace and if you don’t keep up, you fall behind. Meditation is difficult for people, me included, because of the issues with taking it easy.

We’ve been trying to slow down, we’ve disconnected the cable, we’ve moved out of town. We are trying to simplify things, and slow down our lives, and I’ll tell you what, I love seeing the stars again.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• Memnoich

Kol Drake wrote: Some really hot water and one bottle of 'sunshine gold' Ritz dye and you'd have that yellow belt in no time at all ! :P

You know its kinda funny Kol, an old Kenpo saying is:
"There is no such thing as a black belt, its only a white belt who has been practicing so long his belt has turned black"

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Memnoich

So Wednesday night I got a little surprise. My Instructor was paying a little more attention to me than normal, asking me questions, going over my techniques and forms. About halfway through I realized he was testing me, though I figured he was just seeing if I was ready to test for my next belt, as he's been talking about needing to get a test scheduled. You see we just moved to a new location, and between that and all the events coming up, it's just been crazy busy.I didn't think anything of it really till he had us line up and asked me to get in the middle. After going through the Belt presentation Ceremony, He explained that he decided to do this for two reasons:
1. He wanted me to be the first in the new location to receive my belt.
2. He wasn't sure when he was going to be able to do the next standard test, and he didn't want to hold up my training anymore.

The ceremony reminded me of why they are done. Just being thrown a belt and a "Good Job" doesn't mean as much as doing it with a ceremony. So the need for a knighting Ceremony, one with meaning, is definitely something I can get behind.

Anyways Kol, I don't need the Dye any more :meditate

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Memnoich's Dojo

Outstanding!
Congrats!

Cool that the sensei did it that way. :meditate

(and a little blue dye and you've hit 'green belt' !!! )

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re:Memnoich's Dojo

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds