Angelus' Training Journal

• Thank you received: 109

Angelus created the topic: Angelus' Training Journal

Ok, so I thought I would finally create my own training journal. I can't believe it took me this long to actually do it. Well, better late than never.

First a little history: I started walking the Jedi path over a decade ago. While I was introduced to the movies at a young age, I didn't consciously start training until I was in college. However, I am grateful for all the experiences that led me up to that point and that continue to enrich my life. I must say that what is helpful is coming from a long line of psychics as they helped me to be open to the mysteries of the universe. I also was very adept with energy work and being very empathic. I have since come to realize that I can magnify the abilities of others as well.

I am teacher here at the Institute. I lead a Jedi group in Chicago. I am currently apprenticing to become a shaman. I work as a Religious Educator. But most important of all - I am a Jedi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Angelus' Training Journal

FINALLY!

Welp now the task is to actually use it :P  ;D

Just playing, look forward to your sharing of training!

Phoenix

Angelus replied the topic: Re: Angelus' Training Journal

Phoenix, how did I know you would be the first to reply. Guess I really am psychic.

Well onto the training. I would think this falls under leadership development. As I stated in my brief history, I lead a group of Jedi here in Chicago. This Sunday, 24th we held a meeting where I led the group in a discussion based of Joseph Campbell's work The Hero with a Thousand Faces. I put together a PowerPoint presentation looking at the story of Luke Skywalker as that of the "hero's journey." Interspersed with clips from Episodes IV, V, and VI, were some thought-provoking questions that caused us to examine our own lives and see how we are living as today's "hero."

What I thought would be my biggest challenge actually resulted in being very easy. I wanted to make sure there was a lot of discussion. I was afraid people would be bored with the material. The ease must have been the result of my "front end" work in prepping the presentation with the right movie clips and questions. I'm glad I timed it for roughly 2 hours as I could see people started getting restless, even with the small break in between. There's only so much a person can talk about before they need to move around.

• Thank you received: 1886

Jax replied the topic: Re: Angelus' Training Journal

Yay!  lol  The more the merrier!

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

Psychic? ::)

Ok, well we will go with that.  That's a great idea to lead a discussion on that, and even though people got restless I'm sure they got a lot out of it.  Inspires me to kick some butts around here so we can get our own Jedi Chapter moving, but one thing at a time, have to finish my newsarticle first :D

Maybe, if you have time, what are some of the challenges you face with your Chapter, what kind of activities do you do, how often do you guys meet? Just to give me some things to think about for my own group!

Phoenix

On Thursday, 28 May I met with one of my friends to do various energy treatments. He had not been feeling very centered. Working two job has left him very stressed. First I tested the strength of his chakras and found that his sacral chakra was very weak and his solar plexus was next. I asked about his creativity (sacral) and his self-identity (solar plexus). He commented how he hadn't been feeling the same motivation to design (he is a fashion designer by trade). I proceeded with a "smudging." That is where I go over a person's body with a feather and smoke/incense to sweep away the negativity that has been attaching itself to one's aura. I finished off the session with some Reiki. It was no surprise that when my hands went over his sacral chakra that his stomach gave a growl. (Bodily noises during reiki usually give an indication that one is in an area that needs particular attention). He also commented that my hands felt especially hot when on those areas. After this half hour session, he felt much more relaxed.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

That's pretty neat! Reminds me that maybe I should do my chakra cleansing again! Just for some maintence work at least. 

:meditate

This past weekend (June 5-7th) I went through my 2nd of 4 weekends in my shamanic apprenticing. The focus for this training was on emotions - particularly on fear, suffering, and misuse of power.

The weekend started off with a shamanic journey (guided meditation) where we went to a lake to confront our fears. Much like Luke going into the cave on Dagobah, I encountered my self. I saw how I was my own biggest stumbling block. My fears held me back from attaining my full potention. This message was confirmed later when meditating in front of a fellow apprentice's altar. It was upon my second viewing that I noticed little mirrors on the cloth reflecting back my own image.

The next day we did a fully embodied trance throgh dancing designed to help us connect with the spirit realm. I psychically went though the earth, stood in fire, was doused with water, and flew through the universe. After more traveling, I ascended into the heavens where i spoke with my guides. I received information about my path, particularly that stuff that I had forgotten - my strength.

Later that day, we underwent a spiritual death. We physically dug a hole, laid in it, had a blanket covering us from head to toe, and had our euology read. I must say, that was a powerful experience. As I started letting myself go, I could feel the blanket covering more of my face and breathing was more difficult. When I finally let go, I could feel the coolness of the earth and the thought that entered my mind was "oh yeah, I remember this". I felt safe, like I was going home.

That night we released our fears into a ceremonial fire. It is always amazing to yell out your fears in front of a group of people into a fire. As one, who has difficultly being vulnerable, to reveal my insecurities was actually very strengthing. I could be secure with my true identity and let go of my ego.

The next day, the shedding of my ego was completed with a spiritual and physical cleansing. We went to the lake to collect some water and add healing herbs and flowers to it. We let it sit out under the sun to absorb positive energy. We then went back to the lake with our bucket of water and washed away all residual negativity and be cleansed.

This was a great weekend. I spoke with a friend just last night how I am much more aware of my "shadow." It is this experienced that has helped me connect more with who I am and what I am capable of doing. At the same time, by being more aware, I am much more reponsible for my actions. I cannot claim ignorance. I am truly grateful for this experience. I am sure to see its effects in the comming weeks.

I started up my martial arts training yesterday (19 June 2009) . One of the members of the Chicago Jedi group is teaching me and few others in the ways of Chikara Budokai - "path of the Empowered Warrior." This system incorporates many forms of martial arts, but primarily ju-jutsu, weapons and self-defense.

For the first lesson we spent 2 hours learning proper stance, strikes, and blocks. While my years of Tai Chi helped with balance, could definitely see that I needed to work on my focus. On a few occasions, the Sensei told me to imagine an opponent and keep my eyes focused. We also needed to work on our breathing as initially several of us (myself included) kept holding our breath. Afterwards it started to get easier. Nevertheless I still need much more practice so that it is more fluid. In the third hour, we were allowed to practice with "sabers"- padded swords. Again we had to focus, balance, strike, and block. While it was done under the guise of fun, I could start seeing how the lessons we learned started applying. I look forward to my next session.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1915

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Angelus' Training Journal

Belated congrats on the journal/training and what sounds like some super interesting training.

Will be interesting to see where this takes you.    :yoda

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds