Spark's Journal

• Spark Vallen
  • Spark Vallen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Spark Vallen created the topic: Spark's Journal

[I do keep a personal journal called "From the Cheap Seats" ( http://casrin.livejournal.com ) on Livejournal, and a spirituality/Jedi-related blog there called "Sparksided" ( http://community.livejournal.com/sparksided/ ) as well.  :)]

My name is Spark Vallen, and this is my training journal for the Institute.  My entries here will be a mix of spiritual pursuits and physical regimes, depending on the day/moment.  I'll just jump in with my exercise log for today and my thoughts on it:

For all that I'd like to think of myself as inexhaustible and invincible... hehe, I'm not.  So, I have had to re-adjust my workout schedule slightly in order to accomodate the odd hours and demands of Dracula: the Musical? at least while that show is still in rehearsal.  Instead of four days/week to hit the WC, I'm cutting back to three (skipping Fridays).  The actual workout's been about the same when I'm there; I just can't manage four days and not be totally wiped out and useless for everything else I have to be doing.

Specifics on today's workout look like this:

--1 mile walking/jogging around the track (today was walking-only).
--20 min on the Reebok body trek elliptical.  It has "arms" to move too, which I like best.
--Time spent with a bit of Yoga.
--3 reps (10 each) of all the strength-training machines

That takes about an hour, which is what I aim for.  When the show's over, I want to try and last 30 min on the cardio and walk a bit further on the track.  But that means I'll need to get faster.  So, that's a goal for when I'm not doing a play too.

-Spark-

knowing & being
caught between speaking & quiet
moment exists to act

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spark Vallen
  • Spark Vallen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Spark Vallen replied the topic: Re: Spark's Journal

--30 minutes on an exercise bike = 7.71 miles, 168 cal burnt
--4 miles on track (2.25 jogged) = 1/8 mile
--Arm strength-training

Wasn't feeling good, physically, this morning so I kept it light.

Otherwise, cultivating patience with the play  >:( and looking forward to that being over with.

-Spark-

knowing & being
caught between speaking & quiet
moment exists to act

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds