The Training Journal of Beral Khan

• Beral Khan
  • Beral Khan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 71

Beral Khan replied the topic: The Training Journal of Beral Khan

Yoshio - I am honored, thank you.

Jax - We are still planning that. To do it, we need the right skills and pieces of paper. :) My wife is working on doing just that as I continue building my business. Luckily, my business can be done from anywhere. :)

But yes, we are still looking to move, but with this down shift, we will be in a much better position as we have nearly 20 years (and in some cases older) of collected weight we have to cut loose. This move is allowing us to do that and help us discover who we are as a couple without children. :)

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re:The Training Journal of Beral Khan

Ah, ok! That makes sense. Enjoy the purge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beral Khan

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:The Training Journal of Beral Khan

"... older couple without children..."

This from a guy about to turn 44... Older -- heh... *sighs* riiiiight.

For truly, I wish you all the best (for turning 4+40) AND getting on with a new phase of the Pixie Path.

I can imagine posts of how you and Mrs. P are the ones riding the rapids on a raft; hiking the Appalachian Trail; swimming with mermaids... oh, wait... you've already done that. ANYWAY, getting 'unloaded' so you can *do* all those things many plan for and never get around to doing!

Keep in touch my friend!

• Beral Khan
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

I have been within the Dark Side for a while. This move pushed me into some pretty depressive and anxiety ridden states.
When I first came to the IJRS, I was a mess. The Dark Side ruled my thoughts. I was guided here by the first line of the code. A code which I have not allowed to guide me for some time, and my life is reflecting it.

I need to refocus on mindfulness. It was something I learned here, even though I didn't realize it at the time. I went looking for answers, and I saw within them what I learned here, and have stopped using.

The IJRS allowed me to make my life into something I loved. Which wasn't really true. The IJRS allowed me to see life for what it is so I may make course corrections honestly, thus allowing me to make a life I enjoyed.

With all the changes outside of my own control, I lacked the compassion and mindfulness that I once had as a practicing Jedi.

It is time to return to daily meditation and the mindfulness the IJRS teaches within the philosophy of being a Jedi.

While I now work 3 jobs and have little free time, the key is to make my life my own by being mindful of my life in the moments I am living within. To do that, I will need to revisit the basics and redevelop my 'Jedi muscles,' as it were.

I will read through my journal to remind me what my path was like and look to retake some of the courses here. The IJRS is one of the best thing to ever happen to me. :)

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

Jax replied the topic: The Training Journal of Beral Khan

The energies of 2014 have been particularly challenging it seems. Not bad, just challenging. Working 3 jobs, while moving, is a massive challenge that could easily put anyone into a level of darkness.

What I've been doing to adjust for my long commute, sometimes long work hours, and less free time, is to use apps to bring me expansion. If I'm driving I may listen to podcasts that are inspiring. I find the Access Consciousness podcasts to be very helpful, but there are tons to choose from that you may enjoy. Another thing I do when not driving is use an app to help me meditate, since the train is filled with distractions. I like headspace and calm, but sometimes also like to use one of Neale Donald Walsh's. It gives me a way to sneak in some training and keep me from getting too caught up in everything. Another handy tool is audible audiobooks. The price is reasonable I think, and it allows me to get either pure entertainment through fiction, or learning through some non-fiction, all while driving or getting ready for work. Perhaps these ideas will help you as well. You can use these ideas on planes as well, travelling to one of your gigs. :-)

I'm very glad to see you back. I hope to see you more often, though I recognize how busy you are. Take care of yourself!

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: The Training Journal of Beral Khan

Three jobs... holy flaming' bantha droppings!

Time management (if there IS any time to spare for *that*) must be a bear. And how does this affect your MC career for 2014?

You and I both know, wandering off 'the Path' can seem like a good thing at times -- until the Path seems lost in the chaos of everything else Life tosses at us. A very wise man I know once said some very wise things six years ago...

I use the code. I find it useful in different situations.

But let me just stay with the topic at hand.

When I find myself giving rise to frustration, annoyance, or anger (and if you have teenagers, this happens), then quickly recognising it and mentally stating "There is no emotion. There is peace." Is a blessing. It doesn't mean I don't have emotions.

It means that I am interacting with the world around me. If my emotions are causing aggression, fear, or anger, then they need to be adjusted. Our focus becomes our reality. By putting that focus on feeling at peace, we become at peace.

Not always immediately. But it does happen with the appropriate effort. This is, of course, speaking from my experience. Others will, of course, have different experiences, to be sure.

The Jedi Code, for me, is a tool. Each line to be used as a focus for my reality. I am a complex person, but base line code is base line code, if you understand what I mean.

BK

Tools are used. Sometimes sharpened. Sometimes put aside to dull as we learn to work with different tools. Sometimes we come back to 'discover' that old, well worn tool -- which brings back fond memories and a choice to embrace the 'old' with the 'new'.

You have walked a tough Path over the decade and a half I have known you. I admit, the ebb and flow has been educational for me -- seeing how you overcame diversities to progress toward your goals. I hope this time -- even while juggling 3 jobs, you allow your self to see how far you have come and how much more you project yourself and your beliefs in a positive manner. The skills you have honed while 'off the Path' can be enhanced with some of those cherished 'old tools'.

• Beral Khan
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Thank you. :) One of the three jobs is being Peter Pixie and the other two bend around it. While it meant not taking a better paying job, I am at peace with this as it means the continued growth and focus on my true calling.

I know enough to know when I am in trouble (eventually). Which is why I am working my way back to the and on to the path that helped me grow the most.

May the Force be with us all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Jax replied the topic: The Training Journal of Beral Khan

I'm grateful that you shared this. Perhaps, if you get some 'time' you can write up something for the main forum, or even the intro course, that addresses this. Students sometimes get this idea that if you wander you are somehow wrong and should be ashamed. But paths always wander. Those who tend to get to their destination are those who recognize the wandering and return to what helps them. To me you're an example of success. You don't let mental health be an excuse. You recognize when it is interfering and address it. You don't give up. And you don't appear to berate yourself for the detours. You simply correct course when necessary. That's something that I believe everyone does who sticks with this path. If newer students want to stick with it as well, it can help a lot to see their teachers go through the same things and keep choosing to return. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Beral Khan

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds