Jax Training Journal

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1843

Jax replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

Haha, I know! What's funny is Madison gets more snow than New London, which is farther north.  The weather patterns of Wisconsin are such that they tend to drift north or south on the way over from Minnesota rather than head due east.  I'm not telling my wife that though. ;-)

It would be great to meet up every couple months.  I expect a lot of time will be spent back in New London with my family to help them out, but not every weekend will be spent there, so I think a trek to Chicagoland is doable. :-)  The best perk of this job (beyond the treehouse they built from leftover construction materials) is that every 5 years they give you 4 weeks of paid vacation to take a sabbatical.  Not many kids straight out of college last 5 years because they're still figuring out their careers, but if this job is as it appears to be, then I can definitely see myself staying for 5 years or so until Carrie's ready to move to a new music scene for her work.  Here's the job summary for those interested.

Position Summary

Combine your communication skills and programming aptitude into a career with Epic. As a Technical Trainer on our Reporting team, you will teach our customers and staff how to tap into the wealth of data collected by Epic software. Reporting is key to making the most of an electronic system, allowing customers to use their data to monitor and improve how their organization is running, research various aspects of patient care, and contribute to the improvement of healthcare as a whole. You will create and edit training documentation and Epic curricula as well as participate in a variety of hands-on projects.

We look for candidates with a strong record of academic and professional success. Because we train internally, no specific programming language or teaching experience is necessary, but some exposure to programming is required.

My experience here directly correlates as well. ;-)

I'm excited, both of our families are excited, and Inari I will have to take you up on the warm clothing offer! lol  I have also learned their benefits and pay are good, so hopefully that means we stay on track for a New Zealand visit in 2010.  It also means I definitely plan to attend the next Jedi gathering in the midwest.  I'll keep everyone informed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

My interview is Friday. :-)  I have a very good feeling about all of this.

Today I used my buy one get one 50% off coupon at borders and picked up Intercession of Spirit by Ted Andrews and Shamanism for Beginners by James Endredy, as suggested by Inari and Angelus in the spirit guide thread.  So far I've started on the Andrews book.  While what I've read isn't new, it's helpful to me to have things presented so matter of fact, like spirit stuff is completely normal (because it is).  This helps validate things in my conscious and subconscious mind, opening me up just a bit more for more direct experiences with spirits.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw a glimpse of a spirit when I got out of the bathtub tonight.  I had an amazingly relaxing bath with some eucalyptus and evergreen aromatherapy essential oils bubble bath.  :-) 

Another busy night, though mostly due to horrible traffic and taking the wrong route to find a haircutting place.  It worked out fine (as it always does) but I haven't been home much tonight either.  Hopefully tomorrow, because I can't think of any reason to leave the house for any length of time besides work.  It'll be good to catch up.  Now it's time for sleep and hopefully some good dreams.  Trying it without Ambien tonight since I'm so tired. Risky...

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

While what I've read isn't new, it's helpful to me to have things presented so matter of fact, like spirit stuff is completely normal (because it is).

It is a beginners book, after all. I wonder sometimes if there is anything except beginners books sometimes. I'm not a beginner anymore lol! I do like Teds bluntness. I'm watching a copy of the book Angelus recommended on Ebay...I've ordered another book off this seller and won't order another until the first arrives, just in case.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

And in fairness, I'm just in the first chapters where he's giving a brief overview, so I'm not surprised to not learn much new.  Normalizing spirit encounters is still beneficial though.  :-)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

A small thing to note, but last night as I was trying to drift to sleep, I tried to visualize myself somewhere else.  First I went to my normal 'safe place' for the astral and focused on myself just kneeling there breathing.  Then, I believe things just shifted on their own due to my lack of focus and I saw other scenes around me.  I couldn't quite tell, since it was a pretty short visual, but I noticed there was a wolf in the scene, partially hidden by something in the scene.  The head was what I noticed.  That's the first time I've seen a wolf in my non-dream time. 
I also had a dream last night, but I don't remember it, just the interpretation that it had to do with being overwhelmed, though other people were in it.  I'll see if it comes to me later today.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Interview went well.  Guides say I did very well, they're proud of me, etc.  It sounds like they'd be able to match my current salary, perhaps beat it.  My primary interest is in the trainer job which involves all day teaching 3 days a week, 2 days for other projects, but every 6 weeks or so you take a break from teaching to focus on other projects.  I've never taught that much in a day, but you get real good real fast! Certification is only a few months, which is nice. Everything is scheduled in advance, so few surprises.  Only travel a few times a year and also planned in advance.  Sounds to me like consistent work, plenty to do, but normal hours so I can plan accordingly.  All in all, good.  They said they'd get back to me in the next two weeks roughly to determine what the next step would be.  I'm under consideration for 2 different positions, so she'll be talking to other managers I guess to figure out what I'd be best with.  Now I wait. 

I'm not fond of waiting lol

*two thumbs up*

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I didn't get the job. I'm more emotional than I expected.  Tried meditating, Carrie woke up and interrupted. I'll get back to it later.  Life goes on and the oral surgeon needs some teeth and money before I can do anything.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

Well I already talked to you a bit on IM, but just wanted it in 'writing'.  We're pulling for you and we all know you'll be ok ;D

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

*hug*

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds